TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

2002 audi tt roadster

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 audi tt roadster

Here are some rumors that I've found. You can also check them out for yourself, provided by the link below.
I've contacted Audi, and they told me that they haven't heard anything about a 265 hp engine though. Everything else is true!

http://www.consumerguide.com/index.cfm?act=auto&main=detail&body=../autochannel/vehicledetail/spec15401style42639

To keep buyers interested, Audi will reportedly add a 265-horsepower TT
coupe and convertible for 2002, perhaps badged TTS. Both will have
standard quattro all-wheel drive, mandatory to handle the more potent
1.8 turbo-four, plus a suitably upgraded chassis and the inevitable
unique trim. Sales will doubtless be limited; we'd guess no more than
1000 a year for the U.S.

Still apparently in the works are V6 TTs with upwards of 300 hp, but
they've been delayed by the newly muscled-up 4-cyl models. Indeed, we
may might not see them until the TT's first redesign, which should come
somewhere in the 2004-05 timeframe. The engine will be the same new
twin-turbo 3.0-liter V6 destined for the upcoming second-generation S4
sedan and wagon.

This is from UK Audi:

Externally
There is a blue hood for the roadster in addition to the existing blackand green.
Moro and Brilliant blue colours will be introduced

Interior
There is a wide range of leather options. Three grades, pearl nappa, regency and natural leather with a variety of colours.
There is a control pack. This includes steering wheel, handbrake cover, gaitor for gear stick and side panels, this must be ordered to the same colour as the seating.
Also - Just released is the baseball leather in four colours, black, olive, grey and denim and there is also the option to have recaro bucket seats.
As for audio, from 1st week in July all TTs will be fitted with the new generation audio systems. Chorus radios will be fitted as standard(which is an upgraded version of the current Concert system). Then there will be an
upgrade to the new Concert system which will have a front loading CD player. Unfortunately Symphony radio will not fit into the dashboard of the TT but both the new radios will be able to take BOSE and 6CD
Autochanger. The Autochanger will be a new stacking system that does not require a cartridge but can select any CD to be loaded or ejected individually.

New Model News
There will be a special edition TT Coupe which will probably be called 'Le Mans'. It will have a special paint, either misano red or avus silver from the RS4, leather will be a choice of brilliant red, silver or black and they will be fitted with the bucket recaro seats. The cars will be fitted with 8x18 alloy wheels.

Production is due to start in September
Old 08-02-2001, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gosh - I already have that car! tuned and suspended

I guess we are all before are time on this forum - chip and exhaust = 265 horsies.