TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Are all the people with the seat heaters not working the same with the engine noise in the stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 10:13 AM
Jenner

Default Are all the people with the seat heaters not working the same with the engine noise in the stereo?

Just a thought that came to me....maybe the two are somehow linked. Like engine noise in the stereo is due to a bad ground on the seat heaters/defroster and thus the seat heaters don't turn off or don't turn on(I'm still not sure which version is right, my seat heaters need to be turned on each time and I have the ground noise with the defrost also.)

Just a thought...

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett
Old 12-09-1999, 10:45 AM
PaTT

No, my seat heaters need to be turned off/on to reset, but no stereo noise so far... (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:46 AM
Jenner

Do you have the BOSE option? (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:46 AM
Joe

Yes, in my case. Good thinking... I'm going to play with the switched to both later on... (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:56 AM
PaTT

Yep. (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 11:25 AM
PaTT

Default BTW, Jenner, you were right when you told me a couple months ago...

"why don't you want the options? The options are cool."

I'm even using the seat heaters. Never noticed how cold my butt was before...
Old 12-09-1999, 12:31 PM
Jenner

HAHAHAHA! Thats too funny! See options ARE cool! Enjoy PATT! (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 03:17 PM
jim singler

Default noticed engine noice while cd was playing...

for the first time tonight, i heard the high pitched interference crap while listening to ub40 at high volume (bose option). had the defroster on but not the butt warmer.

also talked to my dealer about my wheel scratch and he told me that the have not recieved the add-on manual warning about car washes. he seemed to know about the problem, though.

happy motoring.

jim
ttq
Old 12-09-1999, 03:24 PM
jim singler

when will i learn how to type? (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 05:44 PM
Russ

Default Just got mine back from service - bad switch ground

Just got mine back from service. My got a whine through my speakers while playing a CD if I turned on the rear window defroster. The whine would increase in pitch with engine RPM. Dealer diagnosed it as a bad ground in the defrost switch and has another switch on order. I'll let you know if this fixes problem when the switch comes in.

Quick Reply: Are all the people with the seat heaters not working the same with the engine noise in the stereo?