TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

All TTs with 6-speed gearbox!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-1999, 06:01 AM
Stefan Lundkvist

Default All TTs with 6-speed gearbox!

If this is old information, I am sorry, but have you noticed that in the German car configurator at http://www.audi-tt.de, you now can choose the 6-speed gearbox as an option on the 180 Fwd, and that the 180Q seems to be available only with the 6-speed gearbox?
<ul><li><a href="http://www.audi-tt.de">Audi TT Germany</a></li></ul>
Old 10-06-1999, 08:22 AM
Eric

Default This is correct

According to http://www.audi-tt.de/ you're correct! But this must be very new...
Old 10-06-1999, 08:29 AM
PeterA

Default if this applies to US (more)

then:
1. maybe those TTq at port of Boston are being held because.....I hope I hope
2. if not 1. then maybe i'll pass on this car and wait for the 6 speed. It would be spooky if, after waiting sooo long it turned out to be a blesing :-)
Old 10-06-1999, 08:46 AM
mne

Default Then I think now (or in a couple of weeks) might be a good time to take AoA up on that tranny. (more

The one they've promised for months but I've refused till someone addresses and fixes the chronic 1st to 2nd pox we all seem to be blessed with on a lesser or grander scale. Think when this 6-speed tranny is well-known on the local level I'll go looking for the regional rep. Explain to him the delimma, offer to pay the "option" or upgrade charge, if any, and have them give me the 6 speed. Now that it's an option it shouldnt require so much work as its obviously been made to bolt right in. Yeah... I know... its gonna be an uphill battle... but an attorney with certified mail capabilities, threatening "lemon law" might make me (and others?) a squeaky wheel worth accomodating... might not... but if I dont try it, someone else will... guaranteed! If several here did it, that could be "class action" and I GUARANTEE we'll get someones attention! This is the only "sports" car I've ever owned that wont tolerate being shifted like a sports car at or near redline from 1st to 2nd. Sure it was a bargain... but I woulda spent more to get a smooth shifting tranny with some semblence of a synchro in 2nd gear... or are those an option now in Europe too?
Old 10-06-1999, 09:31 AM
Benson

Default Re: All TTs with 6-speed gearbox-cost?

This is fascinating. There's only two major differences that I know of between the 180Q and the 225 Q - the 6 speed and the greater power (bigger turbo, additional intercooler, etc). (Oh, and the extra tailpipe). I've got a 225 on order largely because I car about the shift feel and the 6 speed has been highly praised. So now the question is - how much will the 6 speed add to the 180Q's price in the US? How close will the price be to the 225?
Benson
Old 10-06-1999, 10:27 AM
RoadsTTer

Default And, for the Roadster...

It appears that Amulet Red and Both Blacks (Raven and Brilliant) are now options! Same is true with regards to the 6 speed tranny options on the Roadster 180's as well. Looks like the 6 speed tranny on the 180's runs you about $550 US.
Old 10-06-1999, 05:31 PM
Tom Boucher

Default Re: How do you find out stuff like this?

OK, how do you all find all this info on the upcoming models? There is nothing in the news section of Audi-tt.org, and the Audi site doesn't even mention the 180Q let alone the 235q...

I've never driven a TT and I want one. I like the idea of a 6 speed 235 HP AWD and at the end of the month I'm taking my money to the Audi dealer and putting it down.

My first real 'sport's car'and sorta first german car. (I Bought my wife a Turbo Beetle this year)

l8r

Tom