TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any good injury lawyers here????

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good injury lawyers here????

I was at co workers b-day party last night. They let their dog out and I was petting him. All of a sudden, he jumped up and bit my face for no reason. He tore through my lip. The hospital did it's best to stitch it so that my lip lines up straight, but I have to see a plastic surgeon in 10 days. I'm gonna have a permenant scar... that's gotta be worth something, right??? If the dog bites, you don't let him out during a party to run free...!
Old 08-11-2002, 11:44 AM

don't know any, but sorry to hear that
Old 08-11-2002, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I guess it depends on how pissed you are & if you plan to have any further friendly...

relationship with the coworker.It was certainly stupid of them to let the dog out if they knew it bites. People forget that they're animals & you can really never tell what they will do. Feel better!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:13 PM

Default Some folks say there is no such creature, . . .

but I have made a buck or two doing some lawyering.

Where are you located? I'd be happy to give you a referal if I can.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I am really sorry to hear that...

They really shouldn't have let the dog out if it was capable of doing something like that. What was your co-workers reaction to the incident?
Old 08-11-2002, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not to play devil's advocate.. But if you are playing with a gun and shoot yourself....

I'm sorry to hear that you got injured and going to have a permanent scare. I know the feeling since my lip had to be restiched back on after falling down a flight of stairs when I was younger.

But anyways, you came to his house with the common sense knowledge that any animal can and does bite and you got bitten. Not to say that the dog owners is not at fault. You put yourself in a position where you ccould and was hurt. I would agree with you if saying you are walking down the street and a dog runs up to you an attacks you.
It like saying that if you cut yourself with a knife from your co-workers kitchen, you can sue him for not warning you that knives can cut you.

I don't mess with animals that I don't know, period..

It just my $ 0.02
Old 08-11-2002, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know one in Union NJ, not far from you... Drop me an e-mail if you need. Feel better.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think that you have gone way beyond devil's advocate...

The person should NOT have let the dog out if it bites. Period. Your argument is paramount to "Cars can run over people, if you cross the street and someone hits you, then you should've known."
Old 08-11-2002, 03:23 PM

Default Sorry--gotta disagree...if the owner knows that the dog has a propensity to

bite and fails to keep the dog under control then the owner should be (and generally is)held liable. So unless Mike knew that the dog bites and prodded the dog (Mike, did you do that) doesn't sound to me like Mike was at fault.....
Old 08-11-2002, 04:10 PM
Elder Member

Default I am not a lawyer nor do I know any good ones in NJ (j.k.) but I am sorry for your

situation. You sure are acting cool about it, from your typing. I would be angry for months.

In my opinion if an unprovoked domesticated animal bites a person and causes harm that animal should be put down.

Quick Reply: Any good injury lawyers here????