TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Anyone bought the CD player after they take delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-1999, 09:06 AM
billk

Default Anyone bought the CD player after they take delivery

My Q had every option but the CD player. I want to purchase the player and the dealer is ordering the unit, but has anyone done this yet? I don't want to go aftermarket because I don't want a hack tearing up my car. -Since there are about 20 TT's total in the part of the state everyone's going to have zero experience and that puts them in the hack arena in my book (for installing aftermarket stereos).

Anyone ordered the CD after they took delivery?
Old 09-19-1999, 02:49 PM
DQ

Default Re: Anyone bought the CD player after they take delivery

Check out the URL below - there are some instructions on how to install the CD for your TT

I just picked up my 180Q and love it!! Where are you in Florida?<ul><li><a href="http://tech.vw.com/audi/newtech.htm">http://tech.vw.com/audi/newtech.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 09-19-1999, 06:13 PM
BW

Same situation, took delivery on a TTQ about 3 weeks ago, all options but Bose (Silver, San Jose CA, Lic "2K TT" if you're in the area). Didn't think much of the Bose setup, but wanted the CD and integration into head unit and trip computer display and no warranty issues. Had the dealer order and install the CD player at time of delivery. Since the wiring is already in place, (Driver's side rear passenger storage area) it was probably a simple install. Not as cheap as going w/ the Panasonic OEM unit, but no regrets, and it should make it easier to install an aftermarket speaker setup and amp(s) when the time comes than w/ the Bose.
Old 09-19-1999, 06:30 PM
Greg OnesTTi

Hey Billk, in my opinion under no circumstances would I buy a cd player from the dealer. When my TT comes I will Be dropping it off within the week to my good friend\car stereo installer to put in some very high end components. To me, the TT will mean nothing without a high end aftermarket system. Though I know it would be hard to trust a stranger with your car, but if you shop cautiously I'm sure you can find a reputable installer. Besides, if your going to just upgrade the head unit or a cd changer it is not very involved and only a complete idiot would not be able to handle it. Look for brands such as Mcintosh,Nakamichi,Audio Control, Or at the very least Kenwood or Alpine. Anyone dealing with these types of components has to have a good idea what they are doing. So unless your dealer is going to throw one in for free,I would definitly pass.
Old 09-19-1999, 06:45 PM
billk

I'm in Tampa and got both of my TT's from Reeves (they're EXCELLENT) (nt)
Old 09-19-1999, 07:22 PM
Ed Burley

Default Say Hi to Joe next time you're at Reeves!

He's my little bro!

Ed
Old 09-20-1999, 12:26 AM
Dimitris

Which .pdf is that? I can not find it! (nt)
Old 09-20-1999, 07:28 AM
duh

Default Re: Which .pdf is that? I can not find it! (nt)

do a find for "changer", it's about halfway down...
Old 09-20-1999, 08:19 PM
DQ

Default Re: I'm in Tampa and got both of my TT's from Reeves (they're EXCELLENT) (nt)

Are you going to install a chip from TAP? I think they are in Tampa as well.