TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

anyone going to NAIAS this week-end?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone going to NAIAS this week-end?

I'm tempted to make a quick trip there... For those of you in Chicago who are interested, the round-trip on United is $75.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Went last wknd.....wasn't impressed at all...I would just wait until the Chicago Auto show..
Old 01-15-2002, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll be there Friday.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:53 AM

are you driving or flying?
Old 01-15-2002, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Me too, I agree, I didn't see anything that I think will not be in Chicago anyway.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The ALMS TT and AoA were VERY disappointing>(semi rant)

Misano red looks very good...but I'm not sure that I like the interior. Also, there are NOT titanium-colored accented headlights/reflectors on the front of the car. Finally, it looks exactly like a 225 coupe--no subtle badge and it did not look lowered at all!!! In addition, the sticker of the car was $42,xxx which seems pretty ridiculous considering that I don't think that car had Nav(base price was $39,xxx)!!

Many luxury car companies(BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche to name a few)have a second floor area in their show space. Only Audi's and Porsche's were not open to the public. I went to the MB lounge, which was nice(the cookies are always great!) and the BMW lounge(a friend has an X5)and they were very nice. They provide a nice break from walking all over Cobo Hall, and it also shows that the companies like to make sure that their customers, who pay lots of money for their cars, are well treated at events like this one. At the Audi area, when walking up the steps to ask if the lounge was open or if I was wrong in assuming that it was an owner's lounge, I was told that it was closed to the public and only open to the press. Upon asking why they did not have a lounge like the other companies, notably BMW, the gentleman replied that maybe I should go back over there I was looking for a lounge. I don't understand why he had to be very rude to me...I did not say anything rude or offensive to him, and since I was asking about an owner's lounge, he had to know that I have an Audi, thus I am a customer of his company. It really amazes me how inept people in this company are at providing decent customer service, heaven forbid a decent relationship with the customer!! However, I had a nice conversation with one of the salesmen who were walking around the display. We talked about service problems and how many problems stem from AoA trying to deal with their rapid growth, etc..he too did not understand why they did not have any type of lounge for owners. Allright, rant off....
Old 01-15-2002, 04:30 PM

Default how can you anyone compare any show in the US to the Detroit show????

Everyone at just about every car magazine or press venue is there. Well over 4,000 media people. And this was a down year. Normally is over 6,000 in just the media. Chicago isn't even close. In fact no one in North America is even remotely close. We are the best widely regarded as the best by everyone in the car industry, and for good reason!!!

Chicago just gets to see our leftovers.

Our show is such a big media event, they have nearly a week of press unvailings. We even managed to over shadow the insignificant LA show. Which I think just happened to be going on during our press unvailing week.

Yes, you can claim Chocago is bigger (in building size only, so what) but NOT the best. All you have to do is go to Carpoint, CNN, Autoweek, or Autonews and let me know if Chicago EVER gets a complete section just to cover live updates of new stuff and daily going's on. TAKE THAT BEARS fans, go LIONS in 2002!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It is definitely the best in the US....but it was a joke this year!!!
Old 01-16-2002, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Driving from Indiana. It's about a 4 hour trip from here.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:55 AM

? for some reason I thought you were in Chicago...

Quick Reply: anyone going to NAIAS this week-end?