TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ARG... Audi Dealers!!! -A Rant

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARG... Audi Dealers!!! -A Rant

I swear, will SOMEONE please tell me of a good Audi dealer in the Boston area. I so miss my Audi dealer in southern california, Newport Imports.

I go to Pass and Weiss today to have my flywheel replaced (long story, no I didn't do it, seal busted). So I drop the car off, service manager tells me it will be done by 4pm.

I call at 4:30. "Oh, yeah, well, it took us a lot longer than we thought. Problably done sometime tomorrow. Crap. Ok, whatever, just fix the damn thing." Ring, my phone rings, "Hello, this is so-and-so at Pass and Weiss, well, turns out that your car was never touched today. Funny thing, the guy never came in that was going to work on it."

This set me off the deep end. Not only did he have the audacity to lie to me at first, but he well KNEW by 9am that my car would not be touched and NEVER CALLED.

Freakin' rats... and I THOUGHT they were good. But this is the 3rd time my car has been in for various warranty issues (strange turbo whistle, DV blown, clutch blown, muffler rattling on something) and they NEVER EVER EVER FIX it right the first time. I always have to go back. Oh, and don't forget the bouncing fuel gauge that is still bouncing.....

But you know, in a way, the TT is worth all the small issues....

Chris
Old 01-28-2002, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default As soon as you find one...Please let us know...Service is in bad shape here in the Bay State

It seems to work out OK if you do not work for a living (at least in the south shore). The dealer(s) in our area are only open 8-5 M-F, No Saturday service, no official loaner policy (bitching seems to sometimes work). Never seem to have parts in stock. It is in sad shape for a premium brand, IMO.

I would still get another TT though, no other Audi model though (unless things change big time).

Paul S.