TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi TT Official Factory Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-1999, 06:09 PM
AkRascal

Default Audi TT Official Factory Repair Manual

Just recieved my manual on CD from Robert Bentley publishers and I am quite amazed at what is going on. It is indeed a very complete manual, but the amazing part is that it is, in some way, an online manual, but not totally. I install the thing from the CD, and click on the start button, all of a sudden my modem fires up, wierd methinks, and I am on line. Then I think maybe this is just to register because it asks for my serial number. I go off line, turn of the program and start all over. I am back on line. Turn everything off again, take out the CD and attempt to start and it doesn't work. So somehow this this is online on CD and on my iMac. Strange indeed... certainly could have used this when I rebuilt the tranny in my AH Sprite.

Cost was $100, www.rb.com
Old 12-16-1999, 06:25 PM
melG

Default Re: Audi TT Official Factory Repair Manual

What happens if you disconnect from the phone line? Does the cd still work?
Old 12-16-1999, 06:41 PM
AkRascal

Nope.
Old 12-16-1999, 07:56 PM
gadgetboy

Maybe it is written by Microsoft, it audit's your computer and dial's Bill ;-)
Old 12-16-1999, 08:28 PM
D-TTrain

Default Sounds like some sort of copywrite protection scheme (more)

It sounds like every time you want to run the program it logs into their website and asks you for your serial number and then it allows your computer to run the program from the CD-ROM. This would insure that nobody can dupe the CD and run it on their computer I suppose. Kinda strange, you might want to call RB and ask them about this.
Old 12-16-1999, 09:03 PM
AkRascal

Nope, only asked for SN the first time
Old 12-16-1999, 09:06 PM
Jack Wentworth

Does it come with 225HP info ?
Old 12-17-1999, 12:44 AM
Marius B

Maybe base info is on CD, but it checks online for revised info?
Old 12-17-1999, 05:19 AM
AkRascal

Default Not on there right now... but I wonder

If the online bit will allow for automatic updates.. dunno... strange, its sorta like "here's the disk, you figure it out."
Old 12-17-1999, 05:37 AM
Audios

Default Re: Repair Manual-Wait till you get your Phone Bill ! ! !

I was reading that the CD version of the Repair Manual provides through your modem-a direct link with Audi Ag modem in germany which provides the majority of the technical info in the manual and maintains all updates.. Could this be true. I you have a lot of long distance calls to Germany on your next phone bill you'll know !!
Please Advise

Quick Reply: Audi TT Official Factory Repair Manual