TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audio system updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-1999, 09:20 PM
on2off

Default Audio system updates

Continually I will make little notes on the forum to answer some of your audio questions. So, here they are: For the forum members needing bass, there are a few options. First, A few companys (Aura is one) are producing bass generators that mount under seats. These generators actually produce the low bass vibration you feel in music containing frequencies below 80hz. Remember most frequencies below 80hz are felt not heard. These units actually produce some amazing bass with very good punch. Even using one would be better than the bass in the Bose system. They are relatively small in size. The generators contain amplifiers which must be wired directly to the battery. I will look at my TT and give you ideas for placement in the future. Also, do a search for "Aura bass shakers" and read the comments. Another bass option would be to use an amplifier and a sub-woofer which will work in a very small enclosure. The questions are: What small space are you willing to give up? Do we have any available spots to be stealth in a TT? Well, I havent removed the rear panels in the TT but maybe there's available space for a sub enclosure. Remember you have to find a space for the amplifier also. I am not knocking any of these approaches. From a sound quality and feel the latter of the two ideas would be best for the true audiophile. In my years of custom car audio from ABS molds to fiber-glassing, I have always wanted to do as little modifying of the vehicle as possible. Different topic: CD changers available for newer Audi's only are Panasonic CXDP801 (8 Disc) and CXDP601 (6 Disc) both are usually retailing around $299.99. With the 8 Disc you can only select up to disc 6 with your presets and then select the other two cd's by using the forward (track up) button. Usually, there are two different adapters for each of these changers. Remember in my previous post the company's who make the adapters are normally P.I.E. (www.pie.net) and Blitz Safe. Adapters are priced from $49.99 - ? If the forum has any questions regarding this info please address them to on2off. REMEMBER, I apologize ahead of time for any delayed responses.<br>