TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Autoaddictions is charging me 3 hours for Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe. Does this sound a little

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autoaddictions is charging me 3 hours for Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe. Does this sound a little

excessive to anyone ? :-(
What do I do? I called Neuspeed and they told me it only takes around 1hr and five minutes to install. You only take out the Airbox.
I mean, I was going to get alot of other stuff with them, the way this is going, im starting to really wonder.

Heres 2 quotes from VWVORTEX.COM

NC2002GTI
VWvortex Member
85 posts
kinston nc
2002 VW GTI 1.8T
Re: GB: Neuspeed Turbo Inlet(Intake) pipe ** SPP ** (ChrisTTiaan) 4:13 PM 2-28-2003
It took about a week for mine to come in. I had a friend of mine that works at the local VW dealer install it for me last weekend, took him about 30-45 mins and he didn't even have to get under the car.

2KGTIVR6
VWvortex Member
166 posts
Seattle WA
2000 GTI VR6 (sold) 2001 Golf GLS 1.8T
Re: GB: Neuspeed Turbo Inlet(Intake) pipe ** SPP ** (NC2002GTI) 7:30 AM 2-19-2003

Received and installed my inlet today. I also installed an N75 "C" valve at the same time, so my best guess is that the inlet installation took me about 1 1/4 hours.

My install observation: Yes, you really have to remove the whole air filter box if yours is stock and you don't want to waste a bunch of time. I couldn't get by without completely taking out the 8mm bolt holding the metal water line in place to the head. To my relief, it was easy to get back in and the water line fits comfortably around the much larger inlet pipe head. When getting ready to put the new inlet on, I'd suggest connecting the small hose that goes to the inlet with a small worm clamp before attaching the new inlet to the turbo. I'd also suggest stuffing a clean rag or wad of paper towell into the opening of the new inlet before pushing it into place on the turbo. It would be easy to drop something into the pipe and have it go into the turbo. Don't forget to hook up your MAF connector if you took it off or you'll throw a code.My car is a 2001 Golf 1.8t AWW. Engine is stock other than 91 octane APR chip, Audi TT BOV, N75 "C" valve, K&N filter in stock airbox, exhaust is stock.
I took about a 10 mile drive tonight and timed 2 0-60 runs. The car runs 1/4 second faster 0-60 and I doubt that's because of the new N75 valve, although the N75 switch sure did smooth out highway turbo response. I don't notice any difference in the sound of the engine, but don't know why I would with a stock airbox. Who would hear it anyhow with all that wheelspin?
Comparing the new inlet to the stock one sure "looks" like it ought to flow more air. The laws of physics don't always go by looks, but judging from my reduced 0-60 times, you are getting your money's worth with this mod. When you are in the 6.5 second 0-60 ballpark, it takes a lot to shave 1/4 second. It will be interesting to see what happens when I bolt in the Forge SMIC that should show up in about a week.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea just a bit.

id say yea... that is a bit excessive. i did mine in the dark w/ just a floor jack in about 45min. hardest part was trying to find the retainer alien bolt. and not reading the instructions didn't help much. could of probably done it in more like 30min if i would of read the instructions before i started instead of after i was done. but 3hrs..... goodness did they go for a 2hr test drive?... what you think of it? i ended up selling mine when i got my ko4 and have not really looked around for one that will fit my ko4, guess i should stop being lazy and get one.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:49 PM

how did you like it when you did have it? was it worth it?
Old 03-05-2003, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea it was......

yea i did like it a lot. it seemed to help out on the bottom end the most. the off the line throttle response seemed much better. i only used it for a week as i discovered a good deal on a ko4 and for some odd reason the ko4 had a slightly larger air inlet then the ko3 so the inlet pipe wouldn't fit the ko4. if i don't plan to upgrade from the ko4 in the next summer i would go ahead and get a better inlet pipe for the ko4. just have to see how the spring goes before i go buy any more parts for the ko4. the inlet pipe is defiantly a good bang for the buck after market upgrade.