TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Boston/New England TT Owners - HELP! AUTO BODY SHOPS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston/New England TT Owners - HELP! AUTO BODY SHOPS?

Attention all Boston/New England TT owners - does anyone know of a GOOD BODY SHOP in the Boston/NE area? (I checked Dick's Auto Body in Somerville already - they won't have space until JULY 2001 -too long of a wait for me) Unfortunately, the driver's side rear quarter panel was dented by a cover-it carport which collapsed underneath a foot of snow from last PM. Oh well - c'est la vie - at least nothing else was damaged, and more importantly - neither me or my wife was in the car at the time. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-2001, 11:47 AM
jjd
AudiWorld Member

Default Dicks/Cover-it

Wow. I have a cover-it carport near Boston as well. Whenever it snows (especially when it's heavy) I go out and clear the snow off the roof. It is not easy. I did it last night around midnight and again today when I was clearing the driveway.

I'm surprised to hear that you only had one rear quarter panel damaged. I would have expected that all those steel frame supports would have come crashing down with 1000lbs of snow above them. How is it that only one panel was damaged?

I have had work done at Dick's in Somerville before and they are the ONLY body shop in the boston area I would trust. I trust them completely -- and I am really picky. I would rather wait until july than have it screwed up by someone else.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:27 PM

Default ATWOOD AUTO BODY-Lynn MA

Thanks for the advice. Fortunately, the angels must have been looking after me last night - the only damage was a moderate sized dent to the left rear quarter panel. Have you heard anything about ATWOOD AUTO BODY in Lynn, MA - apparently the Audi folks at Pasz&Weiss in Burlington send their cars to them. I'm going to check them out tomorrow - they were talking about March 19th for date of repair (I love this car too much to wait until July to get it worked on)
Old 03-11-2001, 07:44 AM
jjd
AudiWorld Member

Default jaleo_tt: email me please

at jjd@jjd.com. I want to ask you more about your cover-it.