TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Brad - possible solution

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-1999, 08:50 AM
John S

Default Brad - possible solution

Audi is willing to buy back all TT's (possibly below the usual depreciation margin) without ESP and supply a new vehicle (at a new price) within 3 months. This way you could sleep at night without the thought that you sold someone else a lemon or having to put up with a shifty lawyer for months on end. Just a thought - full text of Audi/owner discussion on Jeff M link.
Old 11-02-1999, 09:24 AM
fraTTe

Where is the full text (i.e. Jeff M link) ??? Would like to read the details (nt)
Old 11-02-1999, 09:47 AM
Jeff M

Default Huh? I never said anything like that... are you thinking of my retractable-spoiler-as-option post?

I never said Audi was willing to buy back all TT's or anything approaching that. The only thing I remember posting was about a suggestion I sent to AoA about retractable spoilers as options on upcoming production vehicles.

Or maybe there's another Jeff M. <ul><li><a href="http://www.a4.org/forum/m/tt/21426.phtml">http://www.a4.org/forum/m/tt/21426.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 11-03-1999, 02:00 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Brad - possible solution

If I understand the situation correctly, Audi AG has offered to purchase non-ESP TTs in Germany for a favorable (favourable) price. I'm assuming that will eventually be the case here as well, but we'll see.

I received a form letter today from Len Hunt, essentially stating what we already know with regard to the U.S. recall. I'll give them credit for sending the letter, but their customer service is still very much lacking. Audi customer service consists of a bunch of mostly very nice people, who are not given the type of accurate information that they need to do their job properly. So, for the most part, it's not that they are ding dongs, but rather a lack of support from above.

But I digress. Even though my TT appears to qualify as a lemon under current California statutes, I would prefer to keep it and get things working properly. I just had a new problem pop up, an excessively loud power steering pump (another intermittent problem).

The TT goes into the shop again on Monday for the power steering noise, more transmission work, and repair to a metal rattle emanating from under the car. They're going to tear the tranny apart and "start from scratch". I'll cross my fingers and hope that they get it fixed this time. Meanwhile, I'll be driving a Passat for the next week or two. Can you say Fartfagnoogin?