TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Bratty Locks and Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bratty Locks and Interior Lights

Hi gang,

After reading the posts here for several weeks and digesting all of the information regarding the lock/light bug, I called my dealer and suggested that the problem is either a bad ground in the central locking system or a software glitch (my theory is a software glitch since it only occurs after a certain sequence of events).

I told the dealer that this is a known problem and asked them to call me when they had the fix. No call. I called them back, and they said that they couldn't find any information about the problem and didn't know how to fix it other than tearing the car apart.

If anyone has more information on the exact fix, please let me know. I prefer not to have the dealer tear into the car.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i had the problem fixed at my dealership...

frank is the service advisor at tischer audi in silver spring, md -- and he has fixed several tt's with this problem. you might have your audi service department call him.

kudos to both frank and tischer audi -- their service has been excellent for a number of us in the central maryland area.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:27 AM

Default Tischer Audi Kudos

Do you have the phone number handy? I'll call them on Monday.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default call 301-890-3000 and ask for frank in audi service...

although you may want to have your service rep call him.

good luck!
Old 12-10-2000, 09:51 AM

Default Many thanks!

Thanks. That's a great idea.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:56 AM
Elder Member

Default The problem is NOT a software glitch, it is a bad ground . . .

ALL Audi dealers would know about this if they would just call the Audi Tech line and ask for the instructions on how to fix it. Ivan and I had it added to the Audi Tech line back in April of this year!
Old 12-10-2000, 11:08 AM

Default Re: The problem is NOT a software glitch, it is a bad ground . . .

At the end of October My dealer called AOA tech line and got 'hunh' again regarding this. I had them call ObsessTT's dealer, who had already fixed this for him, and they had my dealer call an engineer (I think) at AOA who told them exactly what to do to fix it.

Works great now.
Old 12-10-2000, 11:13 AM
Elder Member

Default Sorry to say it, but I don't believe your dealer ever made the call!

I know of quite a few dealers that have called the Audi Tech line and have gotten the answer to having the lights/locks fixed.

Ivan and I talked to one of the top Audi Techs back in April and he had it added to the Audi Tech Line information to be given to dealers. it was also supposed to be sent to all of the dealer since every TT came with this problem from the factory.
Old 12-10-2000, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Sorry to say it, but I don't believe your dealer ever made the call!

No apologizing for this dealer is needed Larry. All of us in the Seattle area are aware of that dealer's challenges. Although, it was the Service Manager who said he called AOA. Amazingly, they did get it fixed and only on the second trip back (could call it the third if you count talking about it both trips in to get the oil changed in the engine).
Old 12-10-2000, 01:19 PM

Default Well, that makes me feel confident about my dealer!

Swell. So I have a dealer (actually the service department) who is out to lunch? If the fix is on the Audi Techline it should be relatively easy to get this taken care of. After all, It's an hour and 15 minutes to my dealer, so I hate wasting a trip and risking them screwing up the car.

Too bad Audi doesn't publish a fix in one of the tech bulletins on the Internet; I could take it to the dealer and show them how to fix the problem (or even fix it myself).

Quick Reply: Bratty Locks and Interior Lights