TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Chariot of fire...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chariot of fire...

Bought a used 2001 quattro with 13000 miles on it...took it in for the 10000 mile service to a dealer about 100 miles away. All seemed to be well. Got home, parked it in the garage that night. The next day I took it to the carwash to get all the bugs off. I noticed that the check engine light was on. I checked the gas cap and it looked good. Filled the car up, and brought it home again. Then I noticed smell of raw gas. looked under the car and noticed a gas drip near the right rear wheel. I dried it and let it sit for a couple of hours. Took the car out again and brought it back to the garage. It started dripping again. Cleaned this up and let it sit all night. Tried driving it again -- same thing. More drips. I am scared to drive this thing. Has anybody had this happen?? Is the tank bad? I called Audi and they said to call the fire department and have them come out and drain the gas -- What a bunch of bull... I am not happy. I hope this car isn't a lemon. If anybody knows anything about this I would appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks in advance. :-(
Old 09-02-2002, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A number of peole have had this problem...

You may be able to find the leak by removing the rear seat. The tank sensors are located there, I believe.
Some have had problems with the seal for the sensor, or simply loose screws.

It may be at the fuel filter also, but this would men you would have to get more involved than you wish.
You would have to jack the car up, and remove the under-belly plastic pan to see where the leak is.

I think you can drive the car OK, but I's show up bright and early at my dealer Tues AM, and have them look at it right away.