TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Child Seats in TT ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-1999, 07:04 PM
Alan F

Default Child Seats in TT ?

Can someone tell me your experience with a Child seat in the back of the TT ?
The back looks really small, does your child's feet hit the back of the passenger seat ?
Is it possible to have 2 child in car seats in the back with a passenger upfront ?
I checked the Archives, but there wasn't too much response on this one.
Any replies would be appreciated.
Old 12-22-1999, 09:23 PM
D-TTrain

Alan, look towards the bottom of this page for a thread called "Do Kids fit in the back of a TT?"?"
Old 12-23-1999, 03:00 AM
rob b

Default Re: Child Seats in TT ?

As the message above says, see below for discussion on this. In summary, my experience is:

1. Rear facing car seats give very little room to the person sitting in front of them, but it can be done (and we have been on three hour plus journeys with the three of us in the car). You need the right seat though - ours is a Mamas and Papas.

2. I have got two kids in the back on the normal seats no probs

3. For smaller children that need a front facing car seat, the Audi ISOFIX seat is the way forward by all accounts. I am kind of assuming that when my daughter is approx seven months we will get one fitted by Audi which will free up lots more room.

4. With one of the rear seats reclined you can get a lot of kit in (eg pushchair is not a problem)
Old 12-23-1999, 05:55 PM
Chuck C.

Default Backless" Gerry Double Guard (Mod. 675) fits well (more)behind

behind driver's seat. My big three year old is comfortable there, with legs a little splayed to the sides of my seat. Seven year old is in normal sitting position behind passenger seat pulled a little forward. We've enjoyed 200+ mile rides with no problem. Child capacity, and Quattro, enabled my getting first sports car in many years.
Old 12-24-1999, 08:13 PM
Mark S

Default Ouch!!

Watch out for your kids' fingers in the hatchback. Scared the hell out of me with my two year old. The seats are far too close to that door. OUCH! I can still hear him crying and feel my heart racing.

The back seats are really only for very short trips or emergencies. Get another car for the kids.