TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Color Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-1999, 05:03 PM
Paul F

Default Color Question

I just put money down on a TTQ and I need to get back to the dealer by Saturday with the color choice. They have one (grey and grey) on the lot so I can't tell much from the color swatches wat the interiors will look like.

I am leaning to the Denim Blue exterior. Which interior goes best with that. I realize this is a subjective question but since I can't tell much from the pictures I thought I would get a few opinions.

Thanks
Old 12-16-1999, 05:10 PM
TTTodd

Default Amulet Red and Black

Can't beat it. Classic. Only one I have ever seen is mine and its g r e a t !
Old 12-16-1999, 05:52 PM
D-TTrain

Denim blue with ebony interior is SWEET! Also red with ebony would look great IMHO
Old 12-16-1999, 05:58 PM
Janet

Default Re: Color Question

Paul...

What about Denim Blue/Aviator Grey? It's the combination I have, and I love it more & more all the time.

Janet
'00 180Q
Old 12-16-1999, 06:27 PM
Paul

Default Re: Amulet Red and Black

I think the red is sharp as well.
I did here a statistic once that red cars are twice as likely to be pulled over then other colors. Don't know why this is.

Thanks anyway for the color suggestions
Old 12-16-1999, 07:25 PM
DieTTmar

Of all color combination that i have seen the best is and will be the black/black one (it's mine). If you see this brillant black in the sun, no other color can blink like that. Black inside is the great, i don't like the black part and than the other color part. SO BLACK IS BLACK

Dietmar
(Maybe because my family name is also black)
Old 12-16-1999, 10:31 PM
FT

Blue goes best with blue.Aviator gray is the best ext.and it looks a lot better with black than gray int.Brilliant black is better than the other black because it's in the same family as the aviator and the amulet which is the second best color but only witha black FULL leather int.Don't get green unless you like feeling sorry for yourself.I'd really like to see the aviator with the blue int.Now that could be interesting.
Old 12-17-1999, 07:32 AM
Jim Torongo

Default Audi does a great job with color combinations, there are no bad ones. I like silver because of the

German racing conection and the Auto Union thing, and silver sets off the TT's line cery well. But silver is popular so there will be alot of TT's just like yours if you pick this color. Black also looks good, but you have to work harder to keep a black car clean as you know. The gray looks like the show car so I like it as well. Red would be killer with a different set of wheels, something with more shine like a two piece polished aluminum BBS wheel. Blue makes a unique statement and is the pefect example of how Audi picks the right colors for their cars. Hey green looks good too. SO pick what you like knowing most people will not say 'boy that's an ugly car'. Silver and Black freind of Jack. Silver & Gray for a sunny day. Blue on Blue; this one's for you. JIM
Old 12-17-1999, 08:19 AM
Hank

The TTQ I ordered is Aviator Gray, with Gray interior.

I was thinking about gettin' the black because it does look very "Stealth" on the TT, but I've owned a black colored car in the past and know what a pain in the a$$ it can be to keeping it clean.