TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Dension ICELink>Plus iPod Adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dension ICELink>Plus iPod Adaptor

After reading tips on the forum, and fumbling around with CDs for a few months, I finally took the plunge and bought a Dension ICELink>Plus iPod adapter. The thing that put me over the edge was seeing the words "Available at Best Buy" on Dension's website. I figured it'd be a special order and that was enough to keep me at bay.

I took an afternoon spin over to the store and sure enough, they had the ICELink "For Audi" sitting right on the shelf. I bought it and scheduled an install for later that day.

I was a little worried the guy at Best Buy would make a mess of my interior and electrical system, but after weighing $180 for the stealer vs. $50 for the Best Buy guy, I figured I'd give him a try. I was glad I did, as he was professional and really knew his stuff.

I opted to not bolt the cradle into the dash permanently and instead ordered a horizontal extender and an AMPS adaptor plate from ProClip and will be able to mount the iPod next to my phone off the passenger side bolster.

Anyway, I drove around with it for a couple of hours yesterday and am really pleased with it. No more CDs in the TT! I will post pictures of the setup when the rest of my parts arrive later in the week.

One recommendation: If I were going to do it again, I'd get the ICELink with the optional dock cable instead of their "active" mount. The Dension mount has the dock connector embedded in their own, slightly cheap mount. I've really been liking the ProClip stuff lately and would prefer to use their own mount which will accept a dock connector.