TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Equifax is a bunch of friggin criminals!!! <more> <RANT>

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equifax is a bunch of friggin criminals!!! <more> <RANT>

So a little over a month ago I noticed that my Equifax credit profile included a Diamond Shamrock card, which I don't have. I've never had a Diamond Shamrock card.

Upon further investigation, I noticed that it was severely delinquent.

So, first things first, I call my dad... And sure enough, HE has a Diamond Shamrock card that's pretty delinquent. The account numbers, a perfect match!

So I call Diamond Shamrock, who verifies that they have no record of my social security number in their system, ever. Cool. I call equifax to request an investigation. They say "we'll have the results within 30 days, you'll get a revised copy of your report by mail."

So I think all is well. Then, about 31 days later, I get a letter from Equifax. The most important line: "...verified that this item belongs to you." WTF?

So I call Diamond Shamrock again... they again confirm they've never heard of me and that my social security number is NOT listed on the account.

Now, for the last three days, I've been trying to call Equifax. The neat thing is that they have a hold queue that lets you sit and wait for someone for about 10 minutes, then comes on with a messages that says "we're experiencing a high call volume. To get more information go to www.equifax.com." Then proceeds to hang up on me.

So, I have a legal right to have this B/S removed from my credit file. The credit agrees. But I cannot ever get through to the d@mned company who controls my credit file?

At least Experian and Transunion aren't reporting this debt, but hell... it's just friggin' wrong.

&lt;/RANT&gt;
Old 08-07-2002, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Yeah, I finally got through. Big help >>>

Them: "We already ran an investigation, there's nothing else we can do. Call the creditor."

Me: "Do you have a phone number for me to call them."

Them: "It's on the back of your card."

Me: "I don't have a card from this creditor, that's why I called you."

Them: "I'm not sure what to tell you. You need to contact the creditor."

Me: "Thanks." &lt;click&gt;

So now to try and contact Diamond Shamrock, who no longer exists and is part of Valero. Fun!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They did a similar thing to me...

They showed me as having a delinquent card that I neither had nor was delinquent. When I told equifax this, they told me that they had asked my card company and the card company said that it was valid. When I called the card company, they told me that they had sent a correction letter, and TOLD them that it didn't exist. They are a bunch of thieves. Finally after a couple of times, they fixed it. I like dropping names with phone people. Look up who their CFO/controller or some other higher up is, and say something like "I don't know him that well, but I met him at a benefits dinner a couple of months ago, and if I have to call (Insert Exec name here), then he will be very upset to hear how incompetant you people are in his organization, (insert person with whom you are speaking here pref, manager)." It worked wonders with both Travelocity and Continental when they both double booked a ticket and tried to not only make me pay for both, but pay a higher fee than originally assesed!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default And now for some more fun and games >>>

I spoke with someone at Valero.

She was a tiny bit hostile at first, but after explaining everything, she checked, and low and behold, not only do they have no record of ME, EVER... they have no record of EQUIFAX requesting a verification of information on the account number that's reported on my file!!!

WOOHOO!!!

She gave me a fax number and asked me to send a copy of the investigation letter I got from Equifax and they'd try to do something about it.

In the meantime, I'm writing a letter threatening legal action to Equifax. The FCRA was designed to prevent this BS, and I'll use it to my advantage if I have to.

&lt;GRR&gt;...