TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Excuse Me ! TT-East "Jersey" Boy does that leave abad taste in my mouth! Im taking the stage..

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excuse Me ! TT-East "Jersey" Boy does that leave abad taste in my mouth! Im taking the stage..

Rahul its my turn to rant, but I hope to do you proud. Why would we all decide to do that? Isn't the whole point of this to go some where for fun away from home, that is not only beautiful but different and exciting to drive together as a group. After all that is what brought us to the TT in the first place, am I wrong? Now Im sure there is some beautiful places in NJ (?) but isnt it a little close to home for som many of you. Talk about not getting out of your back yard. We need to get to gether for the cars, let them strech there legs a little. This is not about us If it was we could all just sit here BFN (butt f#@* naked) chat , drink ,and talk about how much $ and free time Schwing has spent on his TT. How jelous we all are of his passion and dedication and never have to leave the couch. So lets keep this alive, lets stay focused (no not ford foucsed {smart man Colin}) and keep it pure. Never Follow !!!!!

There is LimeRock an incredible place, Watkins Glen I've never been but what an incredible track that would be to drive, there is always West Virginia or even incredible Vermont. The roads and towns are more fun than you can imagine (unless you have been there). The cape or the cost of Maine, You cant get much more tt-East than that! There is some good places here in NH but I think we have the highest # of police officers per capita and land area in the country . and they have nothing better to do that watch trafic in the rural areas. One of the reasons I say VT. The speedway in NH is ok if you like that sorta thing but I like old traditional road corses and sence they ripped up the old track to put in the nascar speedway you loose that road feel that Lime rock and probably Watkins .

If you disagree then its your place to now sell me on NJ because my self and most of the rest of the country see NJ as one highway surounded by smokestacks. now I know there are some very nice places in NJ other wise why would the call it the garden state(unless that is what every one grows gardens to block the view and smell) But what do I know I come from a state was called CowHampshire because there were at one time more cows than people, unless you still include our women. Thats why my wife is from CT. Oh right NJ I got side tracked, I know there are some nice places in NJ because I have been there, but they are a little hard to find So let us know your thoughs.

Oh and one more thing I think that maby a few of us should design a flyer that can get put on other TT's as well as all the Dealers to attract more owners. They are out there and most don't know a thing about this. Now would'nt it be nice to break the 300 car mark!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Trails and remember Never Follow (unless Its a police Chase{Getaway in stalkholm style})
Old 11-18-2002, 05:49 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

??? What am I missing here?
Old 11-18-2002, 05:50 AM
Elder Member

Beats me too. Let me know if you find out.
Old 11-18-2002, 05:51 AM

Default should we tell him that TT-East in NJ is a joke or should

we let him believe that it is really going to be there? The rant if much funnier when he thinks that it is actually going to be in NJ =-P
Old 11-18-2002, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I say leave it in NJ.
Old 11-18-2002, 05:52 AM
Elder Member

Think he thought someone's comment about TT-East being in NJ was true....;-D
Old 11-18-2002, 05:53 AM
Elder Member

It IS in NJ! Atlantic City May15 - 18. Where have you been??
Old 11-18-2002, 05:54 AM

Default Sorry Denny I havent been on for a while but I stumbled on a post last night and it said TT-East...

Jersey and I though I would put my 2cents in speaking of which if some one says a penny for my thoughs and I put in my 2 cents who gets the extra penny?
Old 11-18-2002, 05:55 AM
Elder Member

Default No biggy. I actually agree with your rant on us getting away for a good drive!!

Lots of the fun of TT East for me is the drive to and fro in a convoy with radios....
Old 11-18-2002, 05:57 AM

Wow you take a couple of days off and you open your mouth and sitck your foot right in !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Excuse Me ! TT-East "Jersey" Boy does that leave abad taste in my mouth! Im taking the stage..