TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

A few "Holiday" notes, from TThis sled.........(very long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-1999, 07:37 PM
Paul W & Koo

Default A few "Holiday" notes, from TThis sled.........(very long)

'Twas the night before Christmas and here from Bauhaus, was a creature so stunning, the TT's no mouse. The Bridgestones were hung on 6 spokes with care in hopes that on roadways we would each soon be there.
The faithful were logged on TThe forum it seems, while visions of 225s danced in their dreams. While momma in her mesh backs and I in sport cap, had just buckled up for a few hot laps. Down a few streets, hard left, the brakes they did chatter. The handling was flat, torque steer? no matter. Away towards the apex we flew like a flash, tore up some tarmac, no gears did we mash.
The moon on the crest of the roofline did flow, gave the luster of midday to Audis below. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a new TT Roadster!, stitched seats, haulin gear.
With a little old driver so lively and quick I knew at that moment T'was Cliff at the stick. More rapid than Beemers and Boxters they came, with TTs in tow, he called out their names; Now Bradford, now Ivan, now Denny, Mne too, on STTeveR and Jenner, AKRascal and Koo.
To the top of the redline, to the top of it all, now dash away, dash away, dash away all.
As four wheels they dig in, that Quattro does fly, and met with an obstacle POWER slides by! So up the torque curve the coursers they flew, Lake Silver, Raven Black, Desert Green, Denim Blue.
Cliff dressed in fine Nomex from head to his foot, his clothing all covered in brake dust, like soot. A bundle of toys he had flung on his back, a retractable Spoiler and groovy roof top rack.
His eyes - how they twinkled! His dimples how Merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry. His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow, all the better to gloat, Z3? SLK? they just didn't know.
He held out a tailpipe and some lowering springs, the better to smok'em at ralleys and things. His TT vision was broad, this little round Q. Ingolstadt laughed, Gyor too. This car's about performance and safety extremes. Haldex,6 speeds, KO3, Xenon beams.
Mapped ignition does signal these horses to fly, Garrett chip, Borla's boom, autobahn streaks by. So jump in TThis sled, make the turbo whistle, and away we'll all go like the down of a thistle.
I heard Cliff exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy ChrisTTmas to all, TT dreams for tonight."
(apologies to Clement Clarke Moore) - too all of you on this forum from Koo and I, besTT holiday wishes. Merry ChrisTTmas, Bye, Bye!
Old 12-17-1999, 07:52 PM
BK

Re: A few "Holiday" notes, from TThis sled.........(very long)
Old 12-17-1999, 07:53 PM
BK

Outstanding ! Thanks (nt)
Old 12-17-1999, 08:07 PM
Cliff Melick

Paul, what you wrote is sheer poetry...Think Santa delivers in an Audi TT?
Old 12-17-1999, 08:42 PM
JMaTT

Default That's the single most clever post EVER seen here! Bravo!!! (nt)

nt
Old 12-17-1999, 08:42 PM
D-TTrain

BRAVO! BRAVO! Standing ovation!! )
Old 12-17-1999, 09:03 PM
Ivan

This should sit as the first post on page 1 of this Forum forever. Steve S, make it so!
Old 12-17-1999, 09:11 PM
ObsessT (Ivan)

It would have to be a FWD, more hatch space. Of course, I am partial.
Old 12-17-1999, 09:13 PM
P Ward

Santa can't Cliff, the TT is still in port............
Old 12-17-1999, 10:28 PM
Denny

Simply wonderful. Happy Holidays to you both. Thanks for the smiles.

Quick Reply: A few "Holiday" notes, from TThis sled.........(very long)