TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

First Impressions and pics...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-1999, 05:10 AM
Jeff Jennings

Default First Impressions and pics...

I picked up my TT Quattro yesterday.<br>First impressions, more room inside that anyone perceives. I'm 6'2" 180 lbs and I'vbe got plenty of room and headroom.<br>Second, it's very tight and has plenty of power.<br>Third, It handles exceptionally.<br>Fouth, 1st gear is useless because it's so high, seems like a waste of a shift. I've been starting out in second gear.<br>I took a slew of pics and they're posted on my website... http://www.rpmcafe.com/audi-tt.cfm<ul><li><a href="http://www.rpmcafe.com/audi-tt.cfm">Audi TT Quattro Pictures</a></li></ul>
Old 08-22-1999, 05:51 AM
Jeff S.

Default Re: First Impressions and pics...

<br>Pretty car. My only concern wit black, besides the fact that you have to wash it daily, is that it make the car look a tad short and squat.<p>I am most impressed with your pics. How do you get them on your sight so large without having to be blown up? I will listen.<p>Good luck with your car.
Old 08-22-1999, 05:51 AM
Denny

First time to see the Quattro badges; nice site; particularly the Evil Twin !! (nt)
Old 08-22-1999, 06:04 AM
jeff jennings

the car is short and squat : that's why it looks that way...<p>the pics were taken with a Kodak DC 210 Digital Camera and originally 1024 X 768. I reduced them in size to make the images a more reasonable size for downloading from the net.... <p>- jeff
Old 08-22-1999, 07:00 AM
Janet Lawrence

Jeff,<br>I agree with Denny....nice to finally see the Quattro badges! I'm in the queue to order a 180Q myself (silver/ebony), so I'm especially interested in your photos & observations about the car.<p>I also have a DC 210 digital camera...nice, aren't they?<p>Thanks again for the hard working taking & posting all the shots!<br>Janet
Old 08-22-1999, 07:35 AM
Bob W.

Default FWD vs. quattro?

Have you driven the FWD TT? I got a chance to drive one yesterday, and the tail felt a bit 'squirrely' at the limit. I would think quattro should take care of that...does it?<p>Bob W.
Old 08-22-1999, 01:13 PM
Nick

Default QTTRO V FWD

The quattro does handle better all around but is almost 250 lbs. heavier with all fluids. It is also slower by a half second or so. I am a dealer and have logged many miles in each.
Old 08-23-1999, 03:24 AM
Marius B

Default Re: Quattro vs. FWD, 1st gear ratio and starting in 2nd.

1st gear has a quite normal ratio, to allow both good acceleration and a practical idle speed in dense traffic. The Q has a shorter 1st gear ratio, not because it's heavier but mainly because Q allows putting more push to the ground, giving improved low gear acceleration.

The Q has a more refined rear suspension, and is supposed to be tuned to more ambitious driving. All this said, I agree the FWD is (also) just fine!

Starting in 2nd will increase clutch wear because you'll have to slip the clutch more.

Old 08-24-1999, 02:01 PM
jeff jennings

Default slip the clutch ??? - no way, I rev to 6 grand and side-step it (NT)

nt.