TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Fun with a Mustang.... (little long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun with a Mustang.... (little long)

Did you ever notice that most Mustang GT and Chevy Camaro/Pontiac Firebird owners think they have the baddest cars regardless of how fast they are going?

Well, I am here to tell you that on my way today from Cape Cod, i was cruising along at a steady 75 and from behind me comes a youngin' in his new Silver Mustang GT. He taunts me a bit, and i really was not into runnin' with him as

A- he was young and did not look like he knew what he was doing
B- I am running on my snows as they are "only" rated for a 100mph....

So I let him taunt....finally i gave in. I doubled clutched into Fourth as i was along side him, and gave him the "wave"...off we go. I will tell you that car has power, but he could not keep up with me. Once i hit fifth it was over.

SOOOO he tried again...this time he pulled in front of me....he tried to pull away but he could not.
Then he got behind me, and he could not keep pace there was a break in traffic.

Regardless...it reminds me of summer and those games on the Merritt Parkway.....not too far away! It also reminds me that the Mustang is so over rated.

Thats my story...and i am sticking to it....
Old 02-16-2003, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How could you play games on the Merritt Parkway? I've never been faster than stop & go!!

That road is always jam packed. It also scares me since most of the drivers appear: (1) uninsured; (2) crazy; (3) uneducated; (4) unemployed driving beater cars that they wouldn't mind crashing; and (5) stoned.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

bah hahaha.. thats a good one..
Old 02-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Rest In Peace

Default You need to get out on a Saturday morning....you will know....

I have commuted into the city, driving BTW, and I leave early..... if you come back around 7:30pm, it is like the autobahn....
I agree that from 3pm to 6pm it is a parking lot....

Try early on the weekends as i said. you will find Mustang, Corvette...etc...clubs in transit to events...and you never know what can happen.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Fun with a Mustang.... (little long)

To bad whenever I messing around the Merrit I'm not using my families '01 225qtr, usually in a 330ci or my friends '03 sl 500.

I hear where you are coming from, on many occasions ricers come and try to taunt my friend and I in his '03 sl 500, we laugh, wave, and drive.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default around 4:30am its awesome..

I love driving up the west side early in the morning with no one on there.. Its so much fun before you get onto the saw mill, the cross county sucks, but I like the turn to get onto the CC... Then once the cross county ends and you are back on the hutch, things get fun.. I love the turn that goes under the bridge then up the hill (I think thats exit 16 or so.. its one of the first New Rochelle exits).. FYI.. Cops have been out BIG TIME on the hutch clocking people.. For the past 2 weeks Ive seen a lot of westchester county cops radaring people around the cross county, so be careful.. Just last week they had a little tag team thing set up where one cop was radaring people and the other was snatching them up about 1/2 mile away.. Just be careful
Old 02-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Careful is a given......We have some of the best roads in the tri-state area ....

IMHO...but with all the congestion you cannot enjoy most. I will not lie, I have gotten early up on many occasions just to enjoy my car....

Connecticut troopers have been on a rampage as well....I do not believe I have seen the level of "selective traffic enforcement" as high as it has been in at least 7 years. Roland must be pushing to save the budget......
Old 02-16-2003, 05:20 PM

Default Not much to brag about

especially if the kid couldnt drive.

I mean... you are modified and all.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not a fair comparison.......

I think that is just an unfair match up. we are driving a vehicle that is technologically far superior. the mustang is running on a 1979 Ford Fairmont chassis with a live rear axle. gear ratios fitted for a pick up truck and aerodynamics of a school bus. Ohh god I used to own one of those flying bricks in High school 5.0 5 speed. oh memories of bad handeling bad bracking but at 17 I thought this was a hot car.