TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Give me your opinion regarding interior colors...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2000, 09:22 AM
Brad Willis

Default Give me your opinion regarding interior colors...

As most of you know, I like my NM TT a lot. However, if Audi can't get the transmission problem repaired, then I will regretably need to purchase another car, most likely a 225 coupe.

Of the currently available colors, I think that I would go with the Denim Blue exterior. But if I did go that route, I am torn between the black or the blue leather interior.

I have seen black in person, and it looked nice. I have only seen the blue in pictures, and I liked the look. Some have said that it is "too" blue. So what do you think? All opinions are welcome, but especially from those who have seen the colors in person.
Old 02-21-2000, 09:31 AM
Denny

Default Seen both.Personal choice is ebony, but I gotta tell you that blue is pretty cool & unique (more)

Also, you're used to having something different from everyone else, so I think you'd really like the blue. It's really eye-catching particularly with the blue exterior.
Old 02-21-2000, 09:51 AM
Bob

Default Faced the same dilemma, Brad

My first test drive was in a Denim Blue/Denim Blue 180FWD, and days later I found myself thinking the blue was 'too blue.' I was convinced that either Ebony or Aviator Grey would be the right choice.

Then in October, four months before my on-order Lake Silver/Ebony 180Q was expected, the dealership called and said a brand new Denim/Denim 180Q had become available at MSRP if I wanted it. I agonized over the choice, but decided to go with the blue.

The interior and exterior are perfectly matched and draw compliments all the time. Denny's comments about the blue/blue combination being unique also apply.

Although I was worried about being overwhelmed by too much of a good thing, it has turned out not to be the case at all. The more time I spend with the car, the more I like the blue interior.

Good luck with your decision, Brad!
Old 02-21-2000, 10:28 AM
Blue_Tarragon

Default Re: Give me your opinion regarding interior colors...

When I was choosing my TT (decided on Silver with Black interior in the end), the dealer gave me a blue TT with blue leather interior for an afternoon to try out.

Although it was nice, I do think it was too blue. It would drive me mad personally after a while. It's overkill I think.

I would go for the grey interior with the blue TT.
Old 02-21-2000, 10:41 AM
B Collins

Default Blue interior? Ask the man who owns one.

I have a blue/blue 180 FWD, and I've seen lots of ebony TT interiors. It's a tough question. I chose blue because, like the TT, it's rare. Every econobox seems to offer a black interior. (That's not meant to knock the TT ebony interior, which we all know is striking.) The blue interior is NOT "too blue." It reminds me of expensive European furniture. But, when you combine the blue exterior with the blue interior, that IS a lot of blue. That's why I think a blue exterior/ebony interior is a handsome and (among TTs) rare combination. It's too bad the gray is kind of lifeless because a warm gray inside the Denim Blue might be even more striking. A cream color would be nice, too.

If I could buy another TT, it would be desert green/ebony. I love the green, which was not available when our cars were delivered.

Ask the man who owns one, and he'll waffle all over the place. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2000, 10:46 AM
Blue_Tarragon

I didn't mean to sound like I didn't like the blue interior I drove in - just a matter of preference
Old 02-21-2000, 10:49 AM
Jeff M(eininger)

Default I've seen all 3 in person, and here is my story...

I think the blue looks better in pictures than it does in person. I sat in a blue/blue and the blue _is_ nice, but it just seems "too" blue like many have said. And it just doesn't look like it does in pictures... it seems much brighter in person. The exterior and interior blues are too similar and don't contrast enough for my liking... I would have liked a much deeper blue on the inside. But hey... they matched them well on purpose because many people will like it that way.

I like the black interior, too. It's my wife's favorite. It just seems to be the richest, most luxurious of the 3. As opposed to blue, I thought this color looked BETTER in person than in the pictures. I have not seen this color in combination with blue exterior, but I suspect it would look great.

My personal favorite is the gray interior. It just opens up the cabin so well. It seems bigger and "friendlier" in gray. I love the contrast between the black dash and the gray under-dash (or whatever it's called) and I think it just tones down the interior to a good "understated yet cool as all hell".

That's my take on the colors.
Old 02-21-2000, 10:56 AM
Blue_Tarragon

I agree
Old 02-21-2000, 11:15 AM
Janet

I really like my Denim Blue w/ the gray interior....nice combination, IMHO....& not "too blue"!
Old 02-21-2000, 11:16 AM
Ebony Owner

Blue interior looks too much like a 70's movie, black is more luxurios looking IMHO (nt)

Quick Reply: Give me your opinion regarding interior colors...