TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Gong, whats up with your car?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-1999, 07:25 PM
Jim S

Default Gong, whats up with your car?!?

Hey,<p>I was at Bellavia putting down a deposit on my TT when you picked up yours. Yours was there a couple weeks later when I picked mine up and it was still there today. I asked Jim about it and he said something about your turbo. I searched through the archives and didnt find anything. What happened? how long will it take them to get it fixed for you?<p>Jim S.<br>
Old 06-18-1999, 05:05 AM
Gong Szeto

Default Re: Gong, whats up with your car?!?

well, when they (bellavia and a number of audi engineers dispatched to new jersey to check out my engine - including one of the designers of the TT engine) tore down the engine, they found some damage to the turbo rotors, so they decided to replace the turbo as well as put in a new TT engine.<p>they are still putting it all back together, adn i told them to take their time and test it thoroughly, etc. before I pick it up again. <p>prolly next week before i get it. i'll have a chat with joe rios (service maanger) about what they found out about what went wrong with my engine. they brought a boroscope down to take all kinds of pictures inside the engine, and the last i've heard, they took the pics back to the lab to examine.<p>so no answers yet.<p>thanks for asking - it's nice to see so many folks give a sh-t about what's going on with my TT (though i know it's partially being worried about what gonna happen to *theirs*!)<p>btw- bellavia has been *great* through this whole process.<p><p>cheers,<p>gong
Old 06-18-1999, 06:30 AM
Bill Clinton

Default Gong, we feel your pain...

...hey, watch the teeth, Monica!
Old 06-18-1999, 10:07 AM
Bob Larson

Default Re: Gong, whats up with your car?!?

There's usually lemons with any car. I just got out of a '98 Corvette under the lemon law. Lots of problems, but the killer was the transmission leak, which requires tearing apart most of the underside of the car (engine gets held up with jackstand.) First repair took 3 weeks, 2 days later it leaked again. Second repair took another 3 weeks, seemed to be fixed but by then I already set the lemon law wheels in motion and I have no regrets. IMO, you should get a new car from the dealer. If refused, if you have a good lemon law in your state it should be very easy to obtain a full refund or replacement. Don't let them get away with it!<p>Still anxiously awaiting my 225/Q, knowing that virtually all cars are a roll of the dice.<p>-Bob Larson<br> http://www.boblarson.com
Old 06-18-1999, 09:11 PM
Gong Szeto

Default lemon laws

well, if 3 times indeed prove to be a charm, you betcha i'm going to pull out the new york state lemon laws! i know my rights!<p>thanks for your input,<p>gs.