TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Got my TT and kapaa quarry road shall never be the same :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2001, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my TT and kapaa quarry road shall never be the same :)

picked up a brillant black 180 TTQC a couple days ago, was going to wait for the camera but am to enthused.

Took it for a spin down a back road, first gear passes mighty quick, and the tach just keeps moving quick and so was the speed. The feel of control and hug to the road was incredible. I havent had the right place to see how much it can really do corner wise, tried 35mph on immediate 180 degree it didnt budge a bit- will see what there is to come....
On the way home tonight we went through a curvy drive going uphill towards the mountain with the jungle all around that came out to a straight away with trees making a tunnel in front of us and with the big grin on my face my wife looks at me and says "batman" - although I know he never had a car that looked 1/4 as good.

This ones definetly a keeper, Ive usually always gone the economic route but believe you get every penny you paid for (-"for" that being performance art) with this car. I'm very glad I got the coupe being that I had to pick it sight unseen becuase most all the TT's over here are roadsters (not that theres to many it is just to hot in the sun over here). This car is pure art and definetly the best ride in town. By the way Larry's picture sure helped alot, thx.

My next car - http://www.moller.com/skycar/

Oh, got rid of the jetta (it was a decent car but all I can say is dont get the 2L 4cyl - I would have preferred the tdi over it and may not have actually considered swapping had I not had my reasons), Now I'm getting rid of my old classic 74 bronco 302 as the wife wants something with 4 doors instead of the 2 wich arent attaced.
Doesnt hurt to much as I never really get to take the bronco out for what its meant for anyways. Looking for something fairly inexpensive(<3k) and yet stylish to get her around town, seen a 91 Saab 4 dr in the paper for $2,500 think I'll research it a bit.
Old 01-22-2001, 12:25 AM

Default where are you located??

I also just picked up my TT 225 QC, I live in Temple Valley. Maybe we can go and tear up some roads together.
Old 01-22-2001, 08:42 AM

Default a little road trip

I'm right after buzz's across from kailua beach park. Feel free to shoot me an email if anyone wants to join up feel free to invite them too.

Next weekend is pretty clear on my schedule as the wife is going to town for some classes at UH.

Im open for suggestions as to which roads to take. Heading towards north shore seems like it could be fun.(Just have to hit it when traffic is a bit light, maybe early morning?)

just fyi: http://www.lava.net/~rivero/speed.html

Aloha
Matt<ul><li><a href="http://www.equip2rip.com">my ugly website</a></li></ul>
Old 01-22-2001, 12:02 PM

Default Let me know

I'm pretty much free all the time, we have a little get together on Sunday for the superbowl if you want to do it than.