TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Healiner issue???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Healiner issue???

Is anyone having issues with their head liner coming down? Mine just started to drop the other day. It has been extremely hot and humid, could that be the cause?
Old 07-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

definitely could be. i seen a few bubbles in mine here and there. if you are really concerned about it, i would just do some searching, here and votex, for headliner re-wraps. you can get microsuede and all kinds of cool stuff to accent the TT nicely. it will cost WAY to much to have someone do it too. i would test wrap your pillars or trunk area and see how well you can do this. If this is too much to handle (not trying to be demeaning in any sort of way, some people may see the rewrap as a hard thing to do correctly) just take all the pieces out and take it to a local sewing place and this will be way cheap (bring your own fabric!)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ShockwaveCS
definitely could be. i seen a few bubbles in mine here and there. if you are really concerned about it, i would just do some searching, here and votex, for headliner re-wraps. you can get microsuede and all kinds of cool stuff to accent the TT nicely. it will cost WAY to much to have someone do it too. i would test wrap your pillars or trunk area and see how well you can do this. If this is too much to handle (not trying to be demeaning in any sort of way, some people may see the rewrap as a hard thing to do correctly) just take all the pieces out and take it to a local sewing place and this will be way cheap (bring your own fabric!)
I had to redo mine at about 82k miles...I went with a blue suede and they did the pillars and trunk as well. Looks great and it didn't break the bank, $350! If you live in Miami I can send you to them....il post some pics when my Internet is back on the laptop...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

That would be freat thank you! I was thinking of doing a A-pillar gauge mount and wrapping the fabric around it so it looks clean, your thoughts?