TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Hey Pete Stratmosphere, the mats aren't as described

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Pete Stratmosphere, the mats aren't as described

We are extremely excited to offer these new TT embroidered mats (2-piece front set). Finally you can get the mats for your TT that you really want. These mats simply blow away the OEM mats. Our mats also will utilize the factory fastener system which retains the OEM look and security. Production mats will utilize nearly 8,000 stitches in the embroidery. We offer the exclusive option of "aluminum" trim which looks really HOT in your TT.

Aluminum? this is gray stiching. Did PT Barnum do your web page man? You fail to mention above that *I* provide the fasteners, you just make the hole.<p>====
gslattery@mac.com
Old 08-03-2000, 05:04 PM

Default dunno, I thought he represented them pretty well...

...when he first presented them to us here. He said it wasn't REAL aluminum, but aluminum colored edging.

I'm also reasonably sure that he mentions the fact you have to use your fasteners, or at least he did on the S4 mats page. I just double checked and it does indeed say that:

<i>You must transfer your existing mat snaps to our new mats during installation.</i> - from the following <a href="http://www.stratmosphere.com/tt_floor_mats.htm">link</a>

Personally, my roommate has loved his S4 mats. The only thing he would have done differently would have been to let them air out for a few weeks before placing them in the car. The new carpet smell was overwhelming for a while.

-Jeff

ps - do you think you might have tried to address this issue with Pete over email before bringing it to a public forum?
Old 08-03-2000, 05:23 PM

Default Re: dunno, I thought he represented them pretty well...

this isn't aluminum colored anything, it's gray stitching. The backing is some kind of foam too!

If he wants to sell them here, I'll post my opinions here, you mind?<p>====
gslattery@mac.com
Old 08-03-2000, 07:35 PM

Default No, feel free. I'll feel free to say you're a mis-reading fool...

...who obviously cannot admit that perhaps they were wrong, even when presented with evidence that disproves their statement.

You can BE displeased with the stratmosphere mats, don't get me wrong. I suggest you ask if they'll accept a return. Just don't try to cobble together some grand conspiracy on their part. Its just not true.

-Jeff

ps - "the backing is some kind of foam too!"??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.