TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Hi Guys...My post about my autobody experience is down below..In the thread started by Sandra...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys...My post about my autobody experience is down below..In the thread started by Sandra...
Old 06-28-2001, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Kim..

I am very sorry that someone you trusted for 30+ years treated you and your TT like that. Obiviously the guy doesn't have the adequate resources to do a good job on damaged cars. Too bad ur insurance company wasn't involved cause if I was in your situation I would have left the car there and tell them to re-do the job. And the nerve of them lying to you and covering it up like that is just pathetic and very un-professional. You should call the BBB and lodge a complaint. As for the paint being a bit brownish, let it cure for a week or 2 and then look at it again.

Hopefully we can take a look at the car when we seen you next time. Sniff Sniff :-( :-( Cheer up though cause you do have the car back. How about some KK's
Old 06-28-2001, 06:27 AM

Default Vishal - Not sure I want to do anything more...Emotionally I am sick over this...but don't want to

let the frustration make me physically sick as well....

I am trying to take comfort in the fact that the car is leased...and that...as I said...the average eye can't see a thing wrong with the paint job...My car is going in for its 5k service soon..I may just ask them to fix the inside and send him the bill....
Old 06-28-2001, 06:39 AM

Default Kim - sorry to hear. The best thing about this group is the sympthy we can offer.

I see Larry had to call last night to see what happened. I remeber when my door got dinged at FW. It happened right before lunch and when I arrived slightly late to lunch EVERYBODY knew and came up to me to tell me about their experiences with dents or offer their help or just say how sorry they were.

This is a good group and you will get it fixed right eventually. I'm sorry for all the trouble you had to go through.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:57 AM

Thanks, Robby! You are right...It's a GREAT group of folks!
Old 06-28-2001, 07:35 AM

very sorry, kim -- sounds like you weren't treated at all well.
Old 06-28-2001, 07:36 AM

Default Kim - Repeat after me, "It's just a car. It's just a car. It's just a car..."

A car is a collection of nuts, bolts, sheet metal, glass, and plastic, and can easily be repaired or replaced if something goes wrong with it. A person, on the other hand, is a complex biological and emotional unit that CAN'T easily be repaired or replaced. I know how much that collection of nuts, bolts, sheet metal, glass, and plastic means to you, and just want to make sure that you keep things in their proper perspective.

In the past, two friends had to hold me back from KILLING a guy that was twice my size for putting a door ding in my last car. Would a door ding be worth taking a human life? At the time, I would have answered yes, even at the expense of spending life in a Nevada prison! Thankfully, they helped me put the whole incident into perspective with the above advice.

Yes, I'm angry with the way that they treated you, and even angrier at the bad work that they did. However, I'm not the only person here concerned about something more important than a collection of nuts and bolts right now. Please take care of what CAN'T be easily repaired or replaced, because that's more important in the long run.....
Old 06-28-2001, 07:52 AM

Art - Repeating...Repeating...Repeating...And thanking you for your kind words...