TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Houston Get together w/Steve M @ Don McGill in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-1999, 08:10 PM
scott

Default Re: Houston Get together w/Steve M @ Don McGill in Houston

I am fairly new to this site, just a couple of weeks. I got the rude treatment at Mahan(after buying two cars from them), then put deposit at Don McGill. Got antzy, called around and found a silver/black in Baton Rouge, LA, picked it up May 27. Is this meeting open to all interested parties? I have only passed one of my brethren in the city, that was another silver with Maund of Austin front license plate, would love to see some more of you guys and gals.<br>
Old 06-29-1999, 08:43 PM
SAF

So you found Mahan's specialty! If you're up near the Woodlands sometime, let me know! (Denim Blue covering the north side of town)
Old 06-30-1999, 03:24 AM
Crisp

It is open to all Audi's, as Steve described it, Contact Steve M.
Old 06-30-1999, 03:28 AM
Crisp

No kidding. It was packed. I was lucky when I got there - someone just backed out of a spot <p>I am sure it will be packed again. Just park next to all of those envious Porsche's next door
Old 06-30-1999, 05:22 AM
STEVE MIKULA

Yes the meeting is open to all Audi owners,to be owners,and anybody that is interested in Audi. We will see if there is any interest in forming a local chapter of the Audi enthusiast club - Audi Quattro Club.
Old 06-30-1999, 07:57 AM
Julian D

I'll be there !
Old 06-30-1999, 08:01 AM
Julian D

Could you elaborate on the bad treatment you received. I have the first 180q on order there. salesman stephen magliaro <p>maybe concerned<br>Julian
Old 06-30-1999, 03:37 PM
SeanP

Default Mahan experienc (long). nt

I put down a $2000 deposit at Mahan with Stephen Magliaro in February for a 180hp FWD. When cars started arriving in May, I decided I couldn't wait and found an untaken Denim Blue in Colorado. I had it shipped to Houston for $400. Anyway, when I went to tell Stephen I wanted my deposit back, he was a complete A#@hole. He basically said F#@K you very much and get lost. He then had the nerve to ask when I where I was going to get it serviced. When I told him I would be getting it serviced at Mahan, he wanted me to understand that "their customers come first". So, I may have a hard time making an appointment for service. I then went to Don McGill to look at the denim blue, and they, even knowing I had already purchased out of state, were very nice and cooperative. Just thought you might like to know.
Old 06-30-1999, 07:01 PM
SeanP

Default Ooops. Typo. And there is text in the above post. In hurry when I wrote:-) nt (for real).

nt
Old 06-30-1999, 08:49 PM
scott

I had bought two VW's from Mahan in the past, the latest a 98 Passat. When I first saw a TT in their service drive one evening in early May, I called salesperson Sara Dye the next day. She told me I could come look at the ones they had in their garage although they were all taken. She couldn't even open one, but I did get to see their first shipment that had all colors, including two Neimans. There were a couple of questions she couldn't answer, so she introduced me to your buddy Stephen. His attidude was arrogant...show me your money, this car will be unavailable for years...blah, blah, blah. The next week I called Sara back and told he I wanted to place an order. She referred me to sales manager Chris. He now wanted $2500 up front, which is absurd and would only sell me a car they already had ordered for their allotment. I went to Don McGill instead and wrote a letter to the owner Ben Hulsey, his reply, "It's hard to be a hero." When I found a car for immediate delivery in Louisiana, DM painlessly gave me my deposit back and welcomed me as a future service customer. I don't like being treated like a chump when I'm buying a $35000 car and that's the story.<br>

Quick Reply: Houston Get together w/Steve M @ Don McGill in Houston