TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

how to make your 1.8t TT 2x stronger and faster.FREE POWER

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default how to make your 1.8t TT 2x stronger and faster.FREE POWER

At your own risk of course.And dont even dare try this without using vcds, all im going to do is show you a way to make the little 1.8t a bit stronger at all rpm ranges no matter what state of tuned condition it is in. after fooling around with a bunch of different fun ideas just messing around, i came accross a method that requires 2 ft of 1/4 inch vacc line, 1 bolt,10mm open wrench,vcds and a brass T.I strongly encourage the use of the stock n75 with this by itself with no mbc or other junk. And yes, my engine bay has seen better days in cosmetics.

what it is:
A method that alters the n75 charge pressure line by attaching it to the manifold instead of the charge pipe post turbo. Increased vaccum inside the intake mani alters the wastegate in such a manner as if you upgraded the spring pressure inside the wastegate. so, much more quicker smoother boost down low, and lasting alot longer up top.~30% increase in power ish.

the 10mm wrench is used if you need to adjust your wastegate spring loose to adjust the boost down a little bit after. ie,if its so strong that you get limp mode. use a bolt and clamp to cap off the old charge pipe n75 line. T the new n75 pressure line off something like the evap line in the pic.

its about a 30% increase in power and torque. enjoy.
any questions?
Attached Images   
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

howzit man, my mate has bypassed ohis n75 valve like this aswell and i am thinking about doing it aswell- i was just wondering what this affects if i do it, and is it safe

kind regards tyrone
Old 03-05-2011, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The N249 and N75 are both there to limit and manage the boost. Performance will improve, reliability will suffer. Remember, in physics, nothing is free.
Old 03-01-2023, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Tried it out: Results

For all who looked at this but were too scared to try it out, I am your champion. I was stupid enough to risk my perfectly good engine and turbo for a few more horses, so what actually happened? Well nothing much to be honest. It certainly does not 2x your power (obviously), it maybe bumps it a little bit. However it actually, to my surprise, did lower the RPM at which the turbo kicks. I have a mild stage 2 1.8t with stock internals and turbo, and the boost now hits at around 3200 RPMs instead of 3500. Not a huge difference, but still, not bad. Also, fingers crossed, it did not seem to compromise reliability. I've kept her on regular maintenance with this mod for about 5K miles over four months. I did however, use a 3/8 in vacuum line since that is what the picture looks to show, the 1/4 in one looked too dainty in comparison to my engine bay compared to what was in the picture. Maybe if I were to switch to a smaller tube, the effects would be more extreme since there is more pressure in the line? I'm not sure. The takeaway: minor bump in power, lower RPM boost time, no major reliability issues (yet). This is just my experience, but from what I can tell, go nuts, no need to worry if you keep her maintained!