TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I found another feature!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 04:52 AM
Ed Burley

Default I found another feature!

After driving my TT for 5 months, I just found a new feature. When it's below 40F, a little snow flake appears next to the temperature. I believe the germans are trying to say if the temp drops another 8 degrees, it may freeze. It's always good to be prepared! When I first saw it, I thought it was a warning light because it's bright red.

Happy MoTToring!

Ed
Old 10-05-1999, 05:25 AM
JusTTin

Default Re: I found another feature!

Our Mercedes does the same thing at 38 degrees. The dealer says that this is the tempeture at which bridges begin to freeze and thus the warning. FYI
Old 10-05-1999, 05:26 AM
Neil Herring

Default Re: I found another feature!

When I first noticed this on my 93 100 CSQ I was told by the dealer that it was to warn the driver about the possibility of freezing conditions on bridges etc. Given the rapid pace that a driver on an autobahn could enter a microclimate with below freezing temperatures, I guess that it makes sense.

Old 10-05-1999, 05:32 AM
Jim Torongo

Default My snow flake came on yesterday-more

Ed, I was going to post the same message today; my snow flake came on last night for the first time , it was 40 degrees in Chucago. JIM
Old 10-05-1999, 05:37 AM
Ed Burley

Default I wonder if you can turn it off..

Seeing how it will be on every day for the next six months!

Ed
Old 10-05-1999, 05:43 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Nope, can't shut it off [nt]

nt
Old 10-05-1999, 05:48 AM
LeifTT

Default Re: Warning. Dont trust it with your life (more)

On my way to work I drive through 25 tunnels (some up to 3km long)and have learned not to trust the temp. indicator due to:

Higher temp inside tunnel (5C when outside -2C)).
When outside the tunnel, the temp. sensors need up to a km of driving before settling down on the correct outside temp (-2C).

Result:
Icy road conditions (car skidding!!!) when temp. indicator tell me (+5-10C)

br
Leif-Tore
Old 10-05-1999, 05:51 AM
Chuck

Volvo has this feature as well (nt)
Old 10-05-1999, 06:06 AM
Haas

The snowflake symbol warns of the possiblility of black ice on the road, at that temperature. (nt)
Old 10-05-1999, 07:39 AM
Joe

Nifty, but no guage/light can replace the seat of the pants/feel of the steering. (nt)

Quick Reply: I found another feature!