TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I get my grill today!! Yippy! In a much better mood.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get my grill today!! Yippy! In a much better mood.

So I made the long and arduous (not to mention hazardous--had to drive through canyons and over hills in potential traffic with my stick skills-over to the valley) trip to get my new grill! Ah, but with yesterday's foul mood, I was determined to get my grill...THANK YOU again Sal)

by the time i got back, i felt so much better!! A) my grill will be here today and B) I was able to drive through a hilly canyon in traffic! C) I had fun on the curves and left those minnie vans in the dust.

One thing I realized is that when you're in an autobody shop, it's like plastic surgery syndrome..I want this scratch buffed and that thing taken care of, and bla bla bla...Especially with black-I had to control myself a lot...As for my spoiler, Craig said droplets of paint were NOT repainted, that tiny bits of paint simply became "inflated" due to the spoiler's material..but nothing bumpy looking or clearly visible, so i won't sweat it. He also said all the paint on my car is original and it doesn't seem to have been in an accident! Yippy again!

I have to start minding those road dips too, front bumper is getting a little scratchy toward the way bottom and the plastic underneath is taking a slight beating...As for the roadster top latch, whatever rubbery coating it has melted a little because of the damn heat!!! Driving black cars is an autobody shops's dream.. But nevertheless, I'm on good terms with my TT today!

PS: You guys said to put redline 40 for notchiness in gear 3? It's very slight and only in 3, but maybe I'm just being ****.
PS#2: I really envy aviator gray!! I totally stare those cars down when I seem them, which is rare. How come we don't see too many white TTs out there?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 AM

Default Yaaaaaay Gina ! ! ! Did you get an aftermarket grill ? ? How did Craig treat you? He is a cool

guy huh?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

good to hear!!!.......nice to see the apparent good vibe.....;-)
Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 AM

Oggi sono contentissima!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 AM

Good morning Sal my Pal...How have you been?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

wet,sal!!!....I cant take it no more!!!!LOL
Old 06-28-2006, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

che bella!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Yea, very down to earth and reasonable. Not pushy or looking to add extra cost>>.

even offered to buff out the dulled painted near the grill for free...Apparently my "love bump" incident actually pushed back my hood somewhat so that there is a smaller gap between the right headlight and the hood. He said he would adjust that as well...I decided to go with the stock grill since his guy could get it today. He said, "Oh yeaaaaa, Sal with the blue TT!!"
One thing that he noticed- which I'm not sure if I did it or if it was like that when I bought the car (I suspect the latter since my impact was on the opposite side): The left headlight is not being held into place tighly because the mount is pretty cracked...don't want to spend a grand on ordering the mount and it's not so loose (nothing moves at all when driving, only if you move it with your hand), but it is a costly repair should it break.. since all the light components come together! Eeeek...Although Craig will try and tighten the light any way he can at no charge.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:56 AM

pure io parlo italiano, mi piace il tuo plate
Old 06-28-2006, 08:59 AM

Sorry to hear that......Over here it's been hot as hell, I can't take it as well ! ! 90+

Quick Reply: I get my grill today!! Yippy! In a much better mood.