TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I got my TT today!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my TT today!!!!!!!!!

I have a couple of questions...I was so excited to get it that I forgot to ask. I sthe free service transferable? is the warranty transferable? Also, when I turn on my climate control, a strange noise from coming from the engine. I know the compressor but, is it realy that loud? Also? Does the temp guage on your guys TTs ever go past half way? It did on mine today in a Drive-Thru but very quickly after the fan came on and brought it back to half way, is that normal??
Old 11-22-2002, 02:47 AM

Default Sticky thermo? Bad compressor?

Het back to the dealer immediately!

Warranty and service package stay with car.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:03 AM

Default Re: I got my TT today!!!!!!!!!

The warranty is transferable at least in Europe.
The normal temperature is between 90deg Celsius and 100deg Celisus. Depends greatly on the ambient temperature and your driving style ;-))
If you push the car hard and temperature gauge passes the half way, you have to wait a couple of minutes the temp to go back to half way before your turn off the engine. It is better for the Turbo to cool down...
Old 11-22-2002, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The temp gauge issue is normal, but the HVAC system is extremely quiet in my car...

If it sounds too loud to your ears, then it might be too loud! Have your dealer check it out.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the club.

Enjoy your new TT!! By the way, what did you get? Detail, details!!

-Eric
Old 11-22-2002, 04:23 AM

Default Re: The temp gauge issue is normal, but the HVAC system is extremely quiet in my car...

Thanks for the welcome. I am going to bring my TT to the dealer on Monday. I just bought a Brilliant Black 2001 TT 225 Coupe. I must say it is awesome, I love the feel. The TT was my second choice in cars...first was an NSX but, because I wanted it to be my daily driver and the NSX didn't have enough "trunk" space for me. The TT fit in just perfect. I am so excited...what are the details of your car? Any comments, suggestions, advice will be humbly taken.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Best advice I can give you...

Enjoy the hell out of your car and attend TT events (the people are absolutely amazing) - Especially TT East (or West or both depending on your location).

I just got my car at the end of Feb. It's an '02 TT 225 (actually 263?) Quattro Roadster. It's my daily driver too. I think you'll actually find that there are a lot of "daily drivers" on this board.

Don't be shy about asking questions and offering opinions around here. That's what it's all about!
Congrats again.

-Eric
Old 11-22-2002, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrtas, welcome and enjoy! No, the grin does not wipe off your face! ;-)
Old 11-22-2002, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default congrats and welcome!

temp guage thing is normal...
Old 11-22-2002, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Congrats! and to answer your questions....

yes the warranty is fully transferable. The date will correspond to the date at the time it was originally put into service.

Compressor is a common problem - need to have that checked out. Temp guage flucuation is normal for a 225.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:23 AM

Default Congrats. Yes. Yes. No worries and Welcome.

AC Compressor's "stange noise"?
It will sound different than idle and slightly louder. Stand outside the car and listen with it on and off to compare - then describe.

Quick Reply: I got my TT today!!!!!!!!!