TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I Just talked to AoA and asked them a few things

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-1999, 10:06 AM
LarryTT

Default I Just talked to AoA and asked them a few things

1. When will the roof rack and various accessories for it be available in the US?

A. When the German Govt. approves its sales outside of Germany. AoA does not have any time table.

2. When will the dealers have the parts for the recall?

A. Jan and Feb. They said that most dealers are planning on holding the parts back until the spoiler is available in Feb and perform everything at one time.

3. Do we as TT/TTQ owners have to have all or any of the mods done on our cars?

A. No, it is a voluntary, not a mandatory recall.

4. Can we have only parts of the suspension replaced on our cars if we have already modified something to it ourselves?

A. Audi does not recommend making any changes to any of its cars. They then went on to say, that it really would depend on your relationship with your dealer. If you can convince your dealer to only change certain things and it is safe to do so, then AoA can't stop you. But she did make the point of saying that mods to the car does could void your warranty.

5. I asked if AoA was aware of the electrical glitches that everyone has been reporting, or if it is in any AoA database?

A. No. I gave her a laundry list of problem that I have read that everyone has been having.

I think that was enough.

Larry
180TTQ(128mph . . .so far)
Old 12-20-1999, 12:03 PM
Janet

Default Thanks for your post....and for reporting our electronic gremlins! (nt)

nt