TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I now have a bit more respect for "some" of the Vortex crowd.. + rant about society

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I now have a bit more respect for "some" of the Vortex crowd.. + rant about society

by co-incidence, I have run into two GTI drivers that are REALLY into VAG cars. First, GTi guy I ran into was at a gas station, was considering an R32 - we ended up talking for a while about the dsg 3.2 vs the 225 etc - I was pretty impressed by his knowledge of the VAG engines transmissions - his car at first glance looked like total rice, but the kid actually knew his ****...he was quick to point out the dress up "show, not go" items on his ride.
We lined up and did a couple runs on an empty stretch of highway, beat him, but I came away with a little more respect...they are probably more enthusiatic about these cars than we are!

This other guy shoehorned an r v6 engine? - from a coraddo into a gti - the car was older, but it was obvious, that it was his baby.

I guess it is good to actually give people a chance sometimes and not prejudge all of the "fast and furious" crowd.

The first exp. is counterpointed by an a4 driver who walked up to me prior to the GTI arriving, A4 compliments the TT, but decides to ask "dont you think it is a little (leans in closer) gay?" I look at him a say - no more gay than the family sedan over there (gesturing at the a4)... WTF?

I know that people have an anthropomorphic relationship w/ cars, but damn - some need to stop letting car mags tell them what to think - I guess the same holds true for fashion mags also.... </rant>
Old 05-01-2004, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

some people are socially inept.
Old 05-01-2004, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

socially retarded is more like it... maybe you were just trying to put it nice though =P
Old 05-01-2004, 05:40 PM

Default My first and last comment on this...

Could we please all stick to the subject of this forum? Seems to me like there is always something worth saying about the TT.

Why does any one care what others think of our cars? I didn't buy my TT because its the fastest, most powerful car in the world.

I bought it because everytime I look at it, I think "Damn you're beautiful". Same with my bike.

I'm done.
Old 05-01-2004, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I see, I thought the forum is about TT related subjects..

not to get into a pissing contest to figure out who is right, but all questions posted here are answered - I see no problem w/ a little deviation from the "help me fix my TT" threads...my $.02

sorry for disturbing your equilibrium :-?
Old 05-01-2004, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ignorence will get you nowhere.....thats usually the problem.....
Old 05-01-2004, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You're right about the VW guys...>>>

Some of them are on the cutting edge of VAG modding. Some, of course, are crazy wild kids willing to try anything. Regardless, you can learn a lot hanging out on the Vortex Technical/1.8T forum. Having attended H20 a few times (largely a VW meet), I have to say some of the work is outstanding. I always get the thumbs up from Modded Golf/Jetta guys. I choose not to subject myself to the A4/S4 crowd........
Old 05-01-2004, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default as far as i can tell, the 'problems' started when the B5 S4 came out....

....back when i had my A4 (back when this website was A4.org) you wouldn't see anywhere near the immaturity you see now. It all seemed to start when the S4 came out....I don't know why that is....I guess the car just attracted a certain element.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

yes yes...next time I will not sugar coat it
Old 05-01-2004, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default havibg come from the GTI world, I can relate to that Steve.......have met many interesting...

VW guys over the years.......

Quick Reply: I now have a bit more respect for "some" of the Vortex crowd.. + rant about society