TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I'll start it off! TPIWWPs! Okay, got some seat time in a Lotus Elise today! Couple of pics to come

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll start it off! TPIWWPs! Okay, got some seat time in a Lotus Elise today! Couple of pics to come
Old 12-03-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oh yeah, impressions! >>>>

Great car! I'm 5'11" and there was plenty of room for me. Tight ride for two. However, with the touring package the ride was not harsh at all! Gill's ride was more firm than the Elise was (that's a testiment to how well Gill has set his car up for track).

The power and pick up on this thing, even in 6th was simply amazing. Top down at 100 was great.

The car tracks amazingly well. The steering is tight and precise. Didn't have any problems with the rear end kicking out. The car is very neutral when driven properly.

The sound from the rear is simply awesome! It reminded me of the driving sensations of the 1st generation MR2 (RIP).

The car fits like a glove and makes the TT seem like a SUV size wise. It's really a legal go-kart! And that equals a lot of : ) for the driver.

The car looks are either love it or hate it. No bland or in between here. For me I love the looks. But there is a dark side there. The car just gets TOO MUCH ATTENTION for my taste. I like my cars a little muted.

Now the down side is there is absolutely NO practicality about this car what-so-ever! This car is as much a daily driver as a S2k but without trunk space.

Did I enjoy my time in it? HELL YEAH!

Will I buy one? HMMMMMM..... NO. I don't like the added attention that it attracts, even in South Florida

Would I buy one? Only if I had money to throw away into a track only car.

Would I recommend one? Heck yeah, if you can live with having a conversation at every stop light.

I promise to post pics tomorrow. I just took a couple. Just got back from a date I had with a very attractive woman and left the camera in the van.

Good times in Florida peeps. Good times.