TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Integra Type vs Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 04:31 PM
JimO

Default Integra Type vs Audi TT

Just curious, I am looking at these two cars and want to know the pros cons. The Type R I am looking at is yellow, the TT is silver.

Thank you.
Old 01-09-2000, 04:39 PM
LarryTT

Default #1 The TT is MUCH nicer looking

#2 Everyone has an Integra
#3 Quattro
#4 Better 5 speed (quattro)
#5 6 speed coming out with 225hp
#6 German craftsmanship
#7 Aluminum everywhere!
#8 Xenon headlights!
#9 1g skidpad for the TT

#1 ok, one for the Integra, no BOSE stereo!! LOL

Just my $.02

I have driven both cars and have raced the Integra Type R on a race track. The Integra is a very nice car, they are just not in the same class. It is a decision that you will have to make.

Larry
180TTQ
Old 01-09-2000, 04:53 PM
TTLurker

Default Whoa, down boy...

Sorry guys, love my TT, but...

>>#2 Everyone has an Integra
NOT everyone has a Type R though, very few built. Type R is NOT a normal Integra.

>>#3 Quattro
Audi wins this one!

>>#4 Better 5 speed (quattro)
Not! ITR has great race-inspired tranny.

>>#5 6 speed coming out with 225hp
S2000 will answer to this beast.

>>#6 German craftsmanship
Japanese reliablitly. 'Nuf said.

>>#7 Aluminum everywhere!
Nice.

>>#8 Xenon headlights!
Who really cares about this.

>>#9 1g skidpad for the TT
ITR one of the best cars thru the skidpad and slalom.

>>#1 ok, one for the Integra, no BOSE stereo!! LOL
Stereo in Type R still sucks though, my buddy has one. Nasty.

Sorry guys, I still think the Type R is better bang for the buck. It is more for a racer-type though, thats why I wish I would have bought one - thats what I really wanted.
Old 01-09-2000, 05:03 PM
LarryTT

Default Re: Whoa, down boy...

>>#2 Everyone has an Integra
NOT everyone has a Type R though, very few built. Type R is NOT a normal Integra.

I know the Type R is a rare VERSION of the Integra, but the car looks EXACTLY the same! The Integra has not changed its basic apperiance in about 5 years! The TT is a rare jewel in the automotive world, the Integra is just another Japanese copy of another Japanese car.

>>#5 6 speed coming out with 225hp
S2000 will answer to this beast.

You were NOT talking about the S2000!! You were comparing the TT to the Type R Integra! But since you brought up this ugly car, how could you even mention it in the same breath as the TT?

>>#6 German craftsmanship
Japanese reliablitly. 'Nuf said.

Sorry, but the Japanese are still behind in CRAFTSMANSHIP! I never said anything about reliability! There is a HUGE difference!

>>#8 Xenon headlights!
Who really cares about this.

I guess you have not been in nor driven a TT with the Xenon headlights. They make a WORLD of difference in any conditions, obviously except for sunlight! LOL

Since you closed by saying that the Type R is a better bang for your buck, what is the price of it? I am going to guess $22-$25,000.

Larry
180TTQ
Old 01-09-2000, 05:11 PM
TTLurker

Larry,

I know the Type R looks similar to a regular Integra, but thats were the similarities end. Handbuilt motor, stiffer chassis, etc etc
(see www.itrca.com). The R is not about looks, it is purely about performance.

The TT headlights are nice, but I never really drive the car after dark. LOL, I know you think I am crazy, but this is my second car, and I only drive it weekends, and never at night.

I wish I could own both cars!
Old 01-09-2000, 05:36 PM
LarryTT

Then if you already own the TT, why not just trade it in for the Type R? What is the difference in price?

Larry
180TTQ
Old 01-09-2000, 05:37 PM
LTT

Default I think the Type R's are about $24,500...

Not gonna trade, couldnt afford to do that. Besides I love my car, I was just giving respect to ANOTHER great car.
Old 01-09-2000, 06:27 PM
LarryTT

Default I understand! I was just "defending" my/our TT's!

Good luck in your quest for the Type R

Larry
180TTQ
Old 01-10-2000, 05:16 AM
Mark P

FYI, until the s2000, the Type R had the highest hp/liter in a NA engine in mass production
Old 01-10-2000, 06:46 AM
Jim Torongo

Default I own a GSR and a TT- here is my view.

The Integer R type is a factory hot rodded GSR. My GSR is a 94 and has a Trust header, cat back exhaust, Ice Man intake system, Fuel riser, adjustable cam sprockets, Tokico shocks, Eibach springs, and 17 inch wheels and tires, Brembo cross drilled discs and metal matrix pads with stainless steel lines.. The car is fast and quick and would out run the TT in most situations (barley). The TT's midrange is huge compared to the Honda motor which HAS to be revved to make serious power, things really start cooking at 6000 RPM. The TT pulls harder that the GSR but the Honda just keeps on pulling while the TT is shifting to the next gear. The TT still has a better power band that is much better for real world day to day driving. If my life depended on a ¼ mile run I'd take the Honda, but the rest of the time I'd be in the TT which if chipped would, I believe, out pull my modified GSR. Also the GSR shifts better than the TT. From here on the TT advantage just gets bigger and bigger. The Honda is a 6 on build quality (it's really rather tinny) the TT a 9 or 10. The TT will absolutely embarrass the Honda on the handling and braking front even with the Hondas upgraded brakes and suspension. The Honda just feels loose and it was way worse in stock form plus it has much worse torque steer (even stock). Aside from performance the TT is much better in terms of amenities, controls, dash layout etc. Part for part the TT is way better built, the Honda has a lot of parts that are incredibly cheep looking or feeling. The rear view mirror in 'night mode' is the worst, the dash lighting is way too dim, the plastic is extensive and not well done and on and on. All the cars in this class from Honda fog up badly in cold wet weather and the two Intergras I've had have been awful in this regard. Finally the Honda has a lot of squeeks rattles and kreeks vs the tight Audi. The is no contest here, the TT is the better car by a substancial margin not to mention the Hondas long in the tooth styling which on it's best day pails in comparison the Audi. JIM

Quick Reply: Integra Type vs Audi TT