TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Joe's Auto body in Anchorage, Alaska put my oil filter on wrong and caused the motor to self

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe's Auto body in Anchorage, Alaska put my oil filter on wrong and caused the motor to self

destruct. D**n, these guys are sure an incompetent lot. First they screw up a paint job and can't even align the body parts right and now this. The motor has to be replaced.
They claim that Audi should have caught their "mistake". Like the Audi dealership is supposed to know what some ignorant idiot is going to do wrong. They weren't even supposed to put an oil filter on the 'TT'. I gave specific instructions for them to flatbed it to the Audi dealer for any engine work.

I just want to warn people about Joe's Auto body on POST ROAD in Anchorage, Alaska. Maybe the other location is good, but MIKE at the post road location doesn't know crap about Audi TT's. I have seen better body work at the local college, where students fix autos for training.
I have been without my beloved 'TT' since Feb. 2001. It's too bad it is so hard to find a competent shop in Anchorage, Alaska. Anyone from Alaska know a reputable, honest, good shop?

Sorry, to be so negative on this site. But it seems that everything is going wrong since Joe's Auto body screwed up my 'TT'. Enjoy your TT's and obey the speed limit. Ha ha.
just kidding about the last sentence.
Old 05-25-2001, 03:44 AM

Default just curious...

how do you put the oil filter on "wrong"? do you know exactly what they did?
Old 05-25-2001, 05:53 AM

Just takes a bigger hammer!
Old 05-25-2001, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default WOW!! That really suckz big time :(. I hope your TT is treated in a better manner. I can't imagine..

how the hell they put the oil filter in the wrong way. And in such a manner that they have to replace the whole motor. That is really FU***D up. I'd sue em' if I was u. I also saw the pics of the krappy paint job and the mis-alignment of the pannels. I'd be pulling my hair out if I was in your position. Well good luck to you....
Old 05-25-2001, 10:17 AM

Default Yes I do, but it would take a page to explain about the other parts directly affected by the

improper installation of said filter. Suffice it to say, There are manuals for these operations and Joe's felt they didn't need one obviously.