TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just how good are the xenon lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2000, 01:47 PM
Regie

Default Just how good are the xenon lights?

Would I be dumb not to get them? I'm thinking about getting my own choice of wheels - maybe some 18"s - so I'd only get the performance package if the lights were really worth it.
Old 01-11-2000, 01:53 PM
Graham

Closest thing to turning night into day I have ever driven behind!!
Old 01-11-2000, 02:16 PM
RogerL

Default Have deer where you drive? (more)

I live in upstate NY, where we have a large and growing deer population. I also drive on a lot of lightly traveled roads at night. The deer do more to temper my speed than the smokies could ever do.
Before the TT...I would typically see a glimpse of their eyes before they darted across the road. Had my share of close calls.
With the TT + Xenons I see the whole damn deer, and from further away. Had several not so close calls in the last month.
Yeah...get the Xenons, they're worth it.
Old 01-11-2000, 02:23 PM
Mia

Default I totally agree

I hit a deer three days before taking delivery on my TT. Didn't see the deer until I was on top of it! I've been scared to death to drive the TT at night until I came across one with the Xenon lights. They really do make a world of difference especially when you are trying to avoid things that get in your way!
Old 01-11-2000, 02:35 PM
PeterH

Default Get them, you will not know how you ever drove a car without them...

I was driving my wifes subaru with standard halogens and driving lights on and felt like I couldn't see a thing. I have totally gotten used to illumination produced by the xenons. Any car I get in the future will have them.
Old 01-11-2000, 02:43 PM
Bob

Default Highly recommended!

The xenons are worth the money, even if you decide to replace the factory 17" rims with something different. The lights cannot be fitted to the car except at the factory, so you won't be able to change your mind later.
Old 01-11-2000, 02:57 PM
Janet

Default The xenons are probably the TT's best safety feature!! (nt)

nt
Old 01-11-2000, 03:04 PM
Koo

I wouldn't want another car without them
Old 01-11-2000, 04:19 PM
Joe

I do a lot of rural driving. They are so excellent that it's almost impossible to believe.
Old 01-11-2000, 07:26 PM
Marcus

Default With the high beams...

I lighted an entire landing area for skydivers at night. There was a big pickup with hallogen bulbs that literally couldn't light 1/4 the area.

Quick Reply: Just how good are the xenon lights?