TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just scheduled my 5K service. Plenty of time to do more comparos: next service opening is Feb 14!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2000, 10:46 AM
Joe

Default Just scheduled my 5K service. Plenty of time to do more comparos: next service opening is Feb 14!!!

I almost fell out of my chair--the earliest possible opening that the dealership has is February 14th. Since I am leaving for nine days in San Diego on Friday the 18th, I have a hunch I'll be cutting it close.

I faxed service a two page list of my issues (slightly revised from the one I posted a few days ago) and am awaiting a call back.

I feel that I shouldn't have to wait this long, but as far as I am concerned this is the dealership's last chance to redeem themselves. If I find the results unsatisfactory, I think it's time to shop around.

In the meantime, we appear to have plenty of time to stage a TTQ comparo.....
Old 01-21-2000, 10:51 AM
Jenner

Default Joe, Larry and I strongly feel that you should try out a different Audi Service department

I have some friends at Hoffman Audi Service(they are also chip friendly) and also the guy you might have met at the cold CT gathering last weekend, Neil Swanson at Contential Audi(which is much closer to you than Hoffman in East Hartford) would take good care of you. Call Contential and ask to speak with Neil. Get a service appointment and tell him about the inability to pass crappy cars and the tach problem to start out. He'll advise you from there(also mention you are part of the CT/NY Audi group and that you met him at the last event.) Its always better getting serviced by someone who knows your name and face instead of just being another Audi in the Service bay....

My 2cents.

Lets get together to do a comparsion IF this crappy weather lets up before Feb 14th. Its no good in the snow/sand/salt.

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett, H&R Sport Springs
Old 01-21-2000, 12:23 PM
Joe

Default Service

Thanks, that is definitely my plan for after this service visit, although I'd like to have it resolved before then. Then again, if the TT pisses me off much more maybe I'll try Continental anyway.

If the weather gets a bit warmer next week I'd definitely be up for a comparison. I never did get to try out your car.

Thanks again,
--Joe
Old 01-21-2000, 06:03 PM
Sal

That is unacceptable!!