TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Lemon Law Final Outcome

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemon Law Final Outcome

Long story, some of you know it.

Basically I have had tons of problems with my TT. Let me make clear that NOT ALL TTs HAVE THESE PROBLEMS. I had an unlucky combination of some common problems and some not common problems. I had 3rd gear grind, cluster issues, headunit issues, window motor problems, fuel sending unit problems, etc. Combine this with a dealer that provided lackluster performance and I was fed up with the car I had.

I ended up contacting the BBB, Audi referred me to them when I indicated to their customer service that I wanted to persue Audi purchasing my car back.

The BBB was fantastic. They provided me with all the paperwork and explaination of the process that I could ask for. I filled out the paperwork and gave all my information to them.

Not a week later I had an offer on my desk from Audi offering to buy the car back. Today I signed the offer and faxed it back. Without giving away too many details, Audi offered to give me back all monies spent on the car (downpayment and all monthly payments) provided I turn the car back into them and surrender it. I signed the agreement today after confirming all the numbers and faxed it back.

Within the next month I will be returning my car to a local dealer and an Audi rep will check it for excessive wear and that is it.

By no means does this mean I didn't like the TT. I love it. I want another, just not right now. Maybe in a few years, we'll see. Also, I'm still gonna stick around here, still gonna participate in our local WCTT group and still am going to TTWest. The friends I made off here and our local group is the best thing to happen to me out of this whole situation and I'm not giving that up
Old 09-17-2002, 04:48 PM

So...are you leaving the TT clan for good.....?
Old 09-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much will you be out (aka offset?)...
Old 09-17-2002, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default yea, i had a lemon S4 before this TT, and i bet my dealership was worse....

the first week i had the car, the turbos blow. since it was the only S4 they had and the only one around i figured id let them fix it, which they did in 3 weeks. finally the day im supposed to get it back, a mechanic takes it out for a "test drive" and, of course, crashes it.

to shut me up they gave me a great deal on my 225 and ive never looked back
Old 09-17-2002, 05:00 PM

If I had that many problems, I wouldn't buy an Audi either.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:47 PM

It ended up to be about $1000.... depreciation
Old 09-17-2002, 05:47 PM

Heck no! Read the end of my message
Old 09-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That's not bad. I think I took a slightly bigger hit, but not much...

You're lucky, Audi fought me tooth and nail, back when. I think they have a new Regional Rep and a better attitude. Interestingly, they recently extended my warranty without my asking!

I think that if I wanted to put my current TT to Audi, I could probably do so. No plans to do so at this time, but I'll retain all rights going forward.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good to hear..

Look forward to hearing about the future mods for your GTi too..
Old 09-17-2002, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

glad that worked out for you! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Lemon Law Final Outcome