TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

A little advice about servicing your car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little advice about servicing your car...

never take it in to the dealer three days before the holiday.

In the continuing saga with my car and it's warranty work, McKenna dropped the ball. So much for my gold plated dealership. After three days, I arrive to pick up the car, only to be told that they took the car apart, realized the seal that they had in stock was the wrong part, supposedly put it all back together, had it aligned, and said bring it back when we get the right part in. Now, I question whether or not it was ever taken apart period. Something the tech said...
he said they pulled the axel. But then when I asked if they topped off the trans. fluid, he said no. NO??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you pull the axel away from the tranny housing, doesn't fluid come out???? Maybe I'm wrong, but sounds right. So, they offered to overfill a bit, the tranny fluid in case it leaked on my 400 mile trip to the bay area...to compensate. OK. I had them do that. Then, they were suppose to cut my key blank I had left them. They forgot. When I took the car in last Monday at 7:15 am, I was pretty pissed they didn't even call me until 4:30 pm that day to tell me the car was just now being rolled in to be worked on. What????? Our buddy David wasn't in, but his brother took care of me. I prefer David. More honest, less bull.
Now I need to go back. Hopefully not under the same circumstances.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the front axle is a dry fitting.

it just comes off the trans. i don't know about the rear...