TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

MAF Problems = Dealer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF Problems = Dealer Problems

I am so sick of my dealer! I have had some definite MAF problems and they say it is because of my FMIC. I also have a CV Joint issue and they claim it is my Bilstein's causing it. Also have a front wheel bearing issue and they say it's because of my Porsche brakes. They refuse to work on my car under warrantee. I guess I'll fix it all myself but I'm getting pretty sick of the dealer and AoA.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:06 AM

Default sorry bro..

but those damn f'in dealers try and use those aftermarket part for excuses all the time...i know personally. -Krit
Old 01-26-2004, 11:07 AM

whats the issue you are having with the front wheel bearing?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the really STUPID part is they get paid if they do the work.

don't really know where you guys are located, but if you want some help i can try and set you up with one of our service advisors. they're pretty cool. i'm at Pacific Audi
Nathan
Old 01-26-2004, 12:01 PM

Default exactly why i dont see why they deny people...

im located in el monte about 15 min from Pasadena. I go to Rusnak Pasadena for my service...I think Pacific is too far for me..thanks anyways man!
-Krit
Old 01-26-2004, 12:19 PM

Default You should have them provide you with the proof it's your aftermarket items

Isn't the burden of proof their responsibility? Don't they have to explain exactly HOW your parts are causing the problem?

It's one thing to have a logical explanation - it's quite another to be dismissed out-of-hand with a "just because" excuse.

Doesn't the Magnussen act provide any clarity on this?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Elder Member

Default i've had similar problems...AND also sick of the dealer...

I had a CEL and looked like my MAF was on the way out. They saw that I had a FMIC, a DV and assumed that I had a chipped car (no dummies here). The dealer called me and asked me if I had a chip in the car, because they were about to flash the ECU. I told them not to and fessed up that I had a chip.

They also refused to work on my car, so when I picked up the car, the CEL was still on. There are other issues like the coilpacks...they claimed that they replaced them...while I say that they never did, otherwise I would know about it. Even though my MAF's warranty has been extended to 7 years...they won't even look at it because they claim that my K&N filter caused it to malfunction.

So I get a call from AoA, and gave my dealer the lowest ratings for servicing across the board. I'm now thinking that I should just do most of the basics myself of an indie shop...like oil changes, MAF, coilpacks, etc.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Elder Member

well, they're past stupid, if you ask me.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine goes to the dealer only with all mods removed. Takes about 3 hrs. including exhaust
Old 01-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Squeeling and or squeeking at high speeds.

RP

Quick Reply: MAF Problems = Dealer Problems