TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

MSRP vs what you REALLY paid

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-1999, 04:56 PM
Marcus

Default MSRP vs what you REALLY paid

With the TTs popularity, can you expect to get anything off the MSRP?
I've bought Jeeps and Accords before (things you can find anywhere, anytime) and have come away with BIG savings, but with the demand of the TT, can I expect any negotiations at all?
Thanks,
Marcus

p.s. Please reply to forum.
Old 12-13-1999, 05:38 PM
bargain shopper

Default Can you find any TT's at your local Audi Dealers?

Probably not. Hence, supply and demand. Everything is order only. Therefore your chances of getting anything less than MSRP is extremely unlikely. Unless however, you're married to the General Manager's daughter!
Old 12-13-1999, 06:18 PM
D-TTrain

Default Re: MSRP vs what you REALLY paid

I happen to have gotten VERY lucky with my purchase and got a referral from a well respected person (thanks Steve S) and got one off the lot at MSRP. The dealer told me if I had just walked in off the street and had wanted the car, he would NOT have even sold the car to me, at ANY price. I think it would be virtually impossible to buy a TT for below MSRP. The best you can possibly expect to do is pay MSRP IMHO. Make lots of calls and ask lots of questions. Bug the dealers to death, you might get lucky. Good luck!
Old 12-13-1999, 08:13 PM
Scott

A Nissan dealer in the Kansas City area is advertising a black 180fwd with all options for $33950. It has black leather and about 2k miles on it. If you need more info, let me know..
Old 12-13-1999, 08:47 PM
Ted

Last month I paid $1K off MRSP (everythine except phone). Unit had 800 miles...But, I am "connected" to the Dealer through friendship. Otherwise, I'm certain he would have told me to take a hike.
Old 12-13-1999, 09:02 PM
Andrew

Default CarsDirect.com - paid MSRP, waited 3 weeks

CarsDirect.com was awesome, I ordered exactly the car I wanted (all options but phone) and paid only the MSRP. The same day I ordered the car through the internet my local dealer told me there was a 3 - 4 month wait and I would definitely have to pay a premium. This is San Francisco though, and I hear there is a shortage here. So I waited three weeks, which was fine, I needed to get my driver's licence.

I would think in the next two months you will get below MSRP with no waiting, or a couple weeks at the most, without having to use an internet buying service.
Old 12-13-1999, 09:21 PM
Robert

TT-Q @ MSRP and only took 3 weeks to arrive. It was sorta funny but the dealers in the influential markets were the most reasonable, while those in less affluent markets were asking +$3k to +$5k over.
Old 12-13-1999, 09:29 PM
Steve S.

Default A coworker is getting one for MSRP <minus> $2K (with special circumstances)

Apparently a TTQ was damaged in transport and has to be repaired and repainted. AoA asked my dealer if he would sell the car for them...my dealer said ok. The full extent of the damage is not known. My coworker (the buyer) doesn't mind if the repair work is done well. This is much better than the MSRP + $5K plus 4 month wait that he was quoted at Carlsen Porsche Audi for an "ordered" TTQ. Since I hooked him up with the dealer...he figures that I might have just saved him from $2-7K (depending upon how you look at it).

This was in Northern California.

Steve S.
97 A4 2.8QM (for sale)
00 S4 (delivery inbetween xmas and new years?)
Old 12-13-1999, 09:33 PM
Chad D

I got the same discount with 1k miles
Old 12-14-1999, 05:24 AM
BrenTT

Unless you have connections, MSRP is the best you will do.

Quick Reply: MSRP vs what you REALLY paid