TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

As much as I love my GTI... right now I wish I hadnt bought it :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As much as I love my GTI... right now I wish I hadnt bought it :(

nothing to do with the car... and really nothing to do with my financial situation... I make plenty to pay for the car, insurance, bills and mods

But if I hadnt of bought the car... then right now I could just walk right out of this **** *** job and never look back..

I'm so sick of the bull****! My boss... this isnt a business to him.. its a big game. He manipulates, makes crude remarks, yells and screams and bitches out the employees... overworks and underpays us. Today I got my *** chewed because certain parts wernt delivered yet. He wants to know an exact ship date.. but the manufacture doesnt even know when they will finish being built and shipped. I guess this lacking on the manufactures part is my fault... so I take the full brunt of the ranting.

To top that off... I had a fellow emplyee and friend pick up some catalogs for me at SEMA this year.. by using the scan card. These catalogs are mine and supposed to go to me when they get in. Well mr big boss man scours the mail as soon as it gets in... takes my VW catalogs, puts them in his office and refuses to let me have them! I asked him what he needed with a bunch of VW parts catalogs and he said that "maybe I want to get into that stuff" and storms off. The catalogs that were picked up for other employees and the kid that went to SEMA... hes done the same.. Its nothing more than him being childish and immature... just like he is EVERY day about every thing...

I am so sick and tired of the BS ... it would be such a wonderful job if he wasnt there. Every other employee feels the exact same way I do...

ARGGGG

ok sorry... just had a bad day and I had to vent..

as soon as that stupid mustang sells I'm sticking that money in the bank to pay my car payments off of and i'm LEAVING this stupid job.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:01 PM
TP

Just hang in there a bit longer. Those type always end up getting theirs in the end.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can follow TP's advice or just be really nice until you find a new job, then bail on the AH.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:08 PM

Default I know how you feel. My ex-boss was that way, too.

He used to cuss us employees out! He would say fu*k this, fu*k that all the time. The word ethics is certainly not in his dictionary. I went back to see some of the employees I used to work with after I quit the job, he ordered the employees to hide the drawings, fearing that I was there to steal the company secret or to steal his clients! What a loser.

Anyway, I hope you find a better job soon.

BTW, how is your sister?
Old 01-07-2002, 07:12 PM

Default lol...sounds like the boss is a shovelhead....its quite bad

etiquette to yell at your workers, especially in front of other employees, sounds like he is an assh@le with a small pee pee guy on an power trip, but hey stick it out for abit, its ussually much easier to get another job if your currently employed, so I would say stay there at work while you are looking for another job. Remember everybody works crap jobs once in awhile... cause it makes the good jobs seem so much better!!!!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:16 PM

Default The definitin of Stress: Responsability without authority.

In your example you are being held responsible for parts you have no authority to produce yourself.

The key to avoiding stress is to not sweat the things that are outside of your control.

In big organizations I always say that any employee can outlive any bad manager. But at a smaller place I can't predict how long you'll have to wait before this guy burns a bridge he has yet to cross.

Try posting appropriate Dilbert cartoons around his office. If nothing else, this will help you feel better ;-)

I would *steal* the catalogs from the guy, if you could call it stealing.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:23 PM

Default hey, I feel you. My old boss was just plain incompitent..

and remeber the best time to look for a job is when you have one.

Crank up the Resume and look everywhere, there is nothing more unsatisfactory than to work for someone you don't like nor disrespect.

And after you get that new job, tell him off for me. I didn't get to tell my boss how much on an incompitent *** she was, and she still wasted my time on the exit interview. I shoulda just picked up my **** and left.

TP is right people who act like that in life will always get it in the end, KARMA is a real thing.

Bret
Old 01-07-2002, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Great advice...Don't stress over anything that you have no control over.

I used to work in internet tech support, and I regularly got chewed out by customers over things that I had no control over. Stuff like upstream network problems, phone line problems, busy phone lines, etc. It bothered me at first, but once I decided that I wouldn't let it bother me because I had no control over it, I just learned to tune them out...Say "ok" every once in a while...Let them think they are yelling at someone who actually cares.

Of course, that doesn't help the situation where he takes things that are meant for you. All of this sounds like the guy that my girlfriend works for. He takes things that belong to other people, tries to get every little bit of work out of his employees without paying them more than he absolutely has to, uses company money and resources for personal reasons but then tries to pinch pennies on employee expenses, etc. One day, he walked into my girlfriend's office, took a few handfulls of the popcorn she was eating for lunch and then had the nerve to complain when she told him that was her only lunch and made him put it back. This guy will never change, and your boss may be the same way. Just kick him in the nuts and take your magazines. Ok...That might not be a good idea.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:44 PM
TTP
AudiWorld Senior Member

Re: is this a big company? talk to the HR folks or go to your boss' boss.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:42 PM

Default Sounds like my boss is moonlighting as your boss.

Inspired me to go back to college at age 40. I figure he's not going anywhere, so I better.

Unfortunately that solution doesn't work for all or even easily for many. Many of my fellow workers must endure that jerk (I was lucky to get on second shift, go to school during the day, and not see him very much) and keep their grumbles to themselves.

If my boss sees you are unhappy with the way he treats you, he treats you worse. Many walk around with fake smiles and kiss his *** just to be left alone and finish out the years to retirement and are now calculating how much of an early retirement pension they can live on.

It's quite frustrating how some end up as a boss when they have no business being one.

Oh yeah, my job involved running experimental chemical reactions with a chemical (HF) that could liquify your eyes and kill you if you got splashed with an area of about 4 square inches. Boss would yell and scream to work faster. I did of course wear of full (HOT) rubber suit, airline mask and everything you could to keep that stuff off. Suit cost $1000 and boss wanted me to wear a cheap, disposable one that wouldn't protect me cause the better one took 6 weeks to make.

Good luck with your job.

Quick Reply: As much as I love my GTI... right now I wish I hadnt bought it :(