TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

My new TTR

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new TTR

Well Santa was good to me this year because he droped off a new 2001 TT Roadster 225hp Nimbus, all options including the Baseball stich!!
I am in LOVE!! (dont tell the wife!)
This car is a dream!
Old 12-31-2000, 03:43 PM

Congrats, wish Santa would have bought mine for me
Old 12-31-2000, 03:45 PM

Wonderful gift!! Now take the wife out and enjoy!!! : )
Old 12-31-2000, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Wonderful gift!! Now take the wife out and enjoy!!! : )

I would love to!!!
We are getting snow like you wouldnt believe! Probably 1 foot in the last 6 hours, plus the car only has stock tires on it. It needs some winters before i can really do much with it.
I went to the store for some milk this afternoon (thats twice today ) and the car isnt very good with the stock tires. Almost put it in the ditch on the way home!!
Any suggestions on tires???
Old 12-31-2000, 04:00 PM
Elder Member

Default I have used Nokian Hakkapelliitta NRW's the past two winters . . .

Where do you live? The NRW's are a high performance winter tire, not a 100% true snow tire, but perform as well as most snows. <a href="http"//www.nokiantyres.com">Nokian</a> also makes true snows as well.

Others on here are using:

Dunlop Winter Sport M2
Bridgestone Blizzak ?? Forgot the model
Michelin Alpine

I am sure there are others, but these seem to be the most popular. It might be tough to find snows, as I know Tire Rack is beginning to run low.

Congrats on the wonderful present you recived. How did your wife wrap it and get it under the tree without you guessing what was in the box? Did you try and pick it up to shake it before opening it?
Old 12-31-2000, 04:22 PM

Default Re: I have used Nokian Hakkapelliitta NRW's the past two winters . . .

LOL!!!
I am In British Columbia Canada Central Okanogan.
I have never had to worry about snow tires for a car before cause ive always had a truck (4X4). This is my first sports car, and what a car it is!!! The facory tires for the cars here in Canada are the Potenza's.. and i have heard nothing good about them at all. They are like pucks on ice in alot of conditions.
Old 12-31-2000, 04:32 PM
Elder Member

Default You are 100% correct about the stock tires!

They just suk! I am very surprised you didn't crack up the new car driving on them in the snow!

Once you put on a GOOD set of winter tires, you will be amazed at how much better the TT drives than any of your old 4x4's! I still have more fun and am more secure in my TT than my Nissan 4x4! I have BFG All-Terrain T/A's on that too! lol

Are your Potenza's the RE040's? Garbage tire. I never found a good weather condition where they worked well! They were horrid in the wet, deadly in the snow and very poor in the dry! A very noisy tire to boot!

The Hakks I talked about are VERY quiet, out perform the RE040's, come very close to my RE730's in the dry, and have a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty! The RE730's are light years ahead in the rain though! Not bad for a "winter" tire They should be good for about 10 years of winters for me
Old 12-31-2000, 04:43 PM

Okanogon Valley is so beautiful. Congrats on TTR you must have been very good
Old 12-31-2000, 08:52 PM

Default Re: You are 100% correct about the stock tires!

As for the winters i was just talking to a friend of mine that has a 2000 roadster and his salesman sold him some steel rims from a Vw Bug with some Blizzak's and says it's really good in the snow.

As for some summer tires, I would really like to change the stock ones for something else, rims included. Do you know of any good web sites that offer pics with rim and tire change's on choices of different cars?

thanks
makin TTraXX
Old 12-31-2000, 10:38 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tirerack.com

Quick Reply: My new TTR