TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

My one year anniversary approaches...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My one year anniversary approaches...

I'm about 3 weeks away from my one year anniversary with my Amulet 225 Coupe. I can honestly say that this past year has been one of the best years of my life and the TT is a big part of it.

Prior to the TT, I drove a dark green 4 cyl Camry for about 8 years. The Camry is a good car, but it is literally invisible on the road.

When I drive the TT, I feel like a celebrity. The looks you get when you pass people are priceless. I must say that driving a sports car like the TT as your daily driver is a mixed blessing. I feel like a Secret Service agent when I park the car--always looking for the perfect spot every time to protect my car.

Let's not kid ourselves, the TT is not the fastest car on the road, but it is faster than most cars and fast enough to keep a wide grin plastered on your face most of the time.

I tried to get the jump on an E-series Benz at a stop light the other day. What I thought was an E320 turned out to be an AMG E55. He pounded me into the sand.

The 225 Coupe is a great car, but boy would I love 300 horsepower!!!

As a side note, the car is rock-solid reliable and I have just over 15K miles.
Old 06-07-2001, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congratulations Dan . . .

I'm a few months behind you on the ownership, but loving it just the same.

I don't know about you, but I rarely get challenged on the road by other sports cars. Strangely, the ones who get most agressive with me are women (and some men) in SUVs and minivans. Seems like they are always trying to beat me through the onramp or keep me from moving over in their lane. And they get really testy when I try to pass them on the tollway. Fortunately I've found most of them lose their nerve around 100mph. ;-)

As for reliability, I've had no problems worth mentioning and getting regular service at The Audi Store is always a breeze.