TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Need Help: How to de-rice a potential girlfriends car without incuring her wrath

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help: How to de-rice a potential girlfriends car without incuring her wrath

Here's the sit . . . she has a a 2000 honda civic in electric blue (or something like that). She hasn't done anything to it besides tint the windows, but she was one of those damn 'dude peeing on something' stickers on the gas cap, and a neuspeed sticker in the back window. Although this makes her car go faster, I'm tired of every import pulling up next to us and revving their little rice burners. She doesn't race, and can't understand why they do this . . . . **sigh**

I figure if I just take the stickers off, she'll get pissed (thats the vibe I get) so, I'd rather substitute something else . . . say, take the stickers of f and give her ________.

I know, you're thinking why the hell are we driving around in the honda with the fastest colored TT sitting in the garage . . . . well, she likes to drive, and I'm a selfish bastard that won't let her drive it . . .yet. So we run around town in the honda, and keep the TT out of 'errand running land'
Old 07-05-2001, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Easy, buy her a TT.
Old 07-05-2001, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Buy her a turbocharger and teach her how to race?
Old 07-05-2001, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good luck...

...if she likes those stickers there, I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Although, if she is fanatic about keeping her car clean and pristine looking, you can reason with her that by keeping that "Calvin" sticker on the gas cap will eventually cause a "shade" as the rest of the car will continuously be exposed to the sun except that the stickered portion. Maybe you can conveince her to take it off. Then again, she may just relocate it to the window as well.

=)
Old 07-05-2001, 01:35 PM

Well the good news is...you called her a "potential" girlfriend. There's still time!
Old 07-05-2001, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Say you will keep dating her if she takes the stickers off......j/k

Really just come to a compromise. Maybe take one of the stickers off and see what kind of effect it will have. The car is obviously not fitted in race trim so I can't see why she would get SO many engine revs. I hope you haven't taken her to see The Fast & the Furious. Good luck. -Doug
Old 07-05-2001, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Definately has potential. Those damn stickers are my only complaint!
Old 07-05-2001, 01:39 PM

Default if it means that much to you, you'll find her price :-)

i have a bumper plaque i sometimes put on my car. (it's a fish parody, a rocket that says 'science' on the inside.) if a boyfriend asked me to remove it, it would cost him. expensive dinner, probably. and a movie.
Old 07-05-2001, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If you can't beat em, join em . . . . That would be a fun little project actually . .hmmm
Old 07-05-2001, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

so a couple of $2 stickers equate to an expensive dinner and movie? I'm in the wrong business

Quick Reply: Need Help: How to de-rice a potential girlfriends car without incuring her wrath