TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT: Pet peeve rant. There are two things (minimum) that I can't stand.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 10:44 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Pet peeve rant. There are two things (minimum) that I can't stand.

1. When I have an end parking slot and I slide over to the "end" side in order to make more room on my "in" side to avoid a door ding, it absolutely pisses me off when someone slides their car (or minivan in this instance) over the line into my slot and effectively steals one of my end-slot benefits. Dammit!! I just walked out to my car to put something in it and someone did this to me AGAIN today! No, they didn't ding me, but they stole my satisfaction at finding the "perfect" parking space. D'oh!!

2. Smokers who chuck their smoldering butts out their windows. The world is not your ash tray you slack-jawed, mouth-breathing, heathens!!! What do you think happens to those butts? You think the butt fairy comes around and picks them up for you? Sheesh!!

Ok, sorry for the rant. The park job on that mini-van just set me off. Back to your regularly scheduled inanities.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Number two just makes me want to pop up my hood mounted chain guns.

Especially lit ones that hit the ground, and explode in a shower of sparks at night as they bounce of your windsheild and you wonder if there are going to be burnt holes in your top afterwords.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:53 AM
Elder Member

Default Yeah, I originally just hated the people who did the "flick", and they flew all...

...over hells creation, but then the ones that really started to get to me were the ones who "sneak" it out and drop it on the ground like it's either an accident or like they are considerate of me (the person behind them).
Old 10-19-2001, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And while we're on the subject, lets not forget those who manage to start massive forest fires, etc.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Butt "ferry"? Is that like having it in a sling? (Yeah, yeah, call me Conan the Grammarian :)

OTOH, I really hate the "Flying Butt of Fate."

Seems like I usually see them just before they hit my hood/roof/windshjield. Fortunately, they don't hit the windshield often, as they probably leave marks like the rocks, bugs and windborne dust. Thankk God they don't blow inside an open window, or I'd be mounting the Stinger roof rack tomorrow. Beyond that, the "end of the row" parking thing is annoying, but I think that when we do that, we invite the "snuggle up next to that spot" parking manuever. After all, there's so much more space there, right? If you're a SUV-driving soccer mom/dad, the general lack of driving ability fairly sings to them: "Oooh! Even YOU can park there!"

OK, rant over. Nothing to see here, go on about your normal daily business. Cheers!
Old 10-19-2001, 10:56 AM
Elder Member

Oops, I meant butt "fairy".
Old 10-19-2001, 10:59 AM
Elder Member

Default Yeah, that's a definite downside. But not as big of a deal as those who..

....steal my end-slot benefits....right???
Old 10-19-2001, 10:59 AM

Default I couldn't agree more...

and recently I parallel parked and someone decided to squeeze in front of me and out a nice gouge into my bumper that was just repainted.

As for the cigarrette thing. I always keep a bunch of pennies in my car and toss them at people who's butts hit my car.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:01 AM

Default Better still, followed a dope with full garbage bags falling off the truck...

Doh, Then he wouldn't stop to pick them up until I monster trucked him.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:02 AM

Default Fairy? Watch your mouth!

<ul><li><a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,36834,00.html">http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,36834,00.html</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: OT: Pet peeve rant. There are two things (minimum) that I can't stand.