TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

paging 180TTQC

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default paging 180TTQC

i asked FJ Audi here in downtown about your mods.

They said an S-Line Suspension will not interfere with your warranty....because it is AUDI's own suspension.

They also said that at this dealership, they are *usually* not too fussy about people's mods and stuff.

They said for example, if you modified your suspension heavily and then complained about it "pulling" or if you had direct trouble with the suspension, then they "might" give you a hard time.

They said that most of the time, they don't even really look for mods or hunt them out.....but if they are obviously the reason of the complaint then they are more likely to give you problems.

They laughed when i told them what "Schaumburg Audi" told you.....

They also told me that Audi has sent multiple notices to various dealerships about keeping an eye out of "modded cars" and that the company is trying to crack down on warranty issues with modded cars.

I spoke to the service rep AND a couple mechanics and they all seemed pretty nice about it.

cheers

PS----i discussed various different mods with them, so if you are wondering about a particular mod issue, then feel free to ask me.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent -- thanks for the effort!

Glad to hear they are sane about the whole issue. I stopped in there a couple of months ago when I lost my gas cap, and the service writer had a look over my car, and said he like the **** and boost gauge -- I should switch to them for service, since they're so much closer.

Thanks again!
Steve

PS - Saw your post OTOF, and searched you out here. Feel free to ignore me there!